Please HELP

borstalboy

Apr 17, 2012
Northern Subs SA
I am attaching a link to a support page for my brother and his wife. Mark and Mandi were getting sorted out for a life on the road, something many of us dream about doing I know I do. They have their tug a D-max and a Van designed to Mandi desire and were only a year or two away from hitting the run while they are both still young enough to do some work as they go.

But three weeks ago CANCER has hit and struck Mandi down now their dream is over and it is a nightmare they are living. I know cancer is something more common now as we all get older but she is only very early 50's and its terminal.

I am trying to help where I can so Mark can stay by her beside and not have to go to work which is in a remote mining town 650km away meaning he would be away for up to a week at a time. He needs to be with his wife but the bills still keep coming in as we all now so please have a look at the link and help if you can.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-mark-support-mandi/x/6237792

Thank you from the bottom of my heart

The Alberto

Oct 19, 2012
Rockhampton QLD
What a sad and tragic story - shows it can happen to anyone, anytime.

Unfortunately, as an insurance adviser specializing in personal insurances for the past 15 years, I see similar situations almost every week and the incidence rate has increased alarmingly over the past 5 years.

I urge everyone who reads this - PLEASE make sure that your Life, Income Protection and Trauma Insurances are up to date and reviewed annually. Insurance cannot cure an illness or bring back a loved one, but it can take away financial worry at a time when your thoughts and prayers are needed elsewhere.

I wish Mandi, Mark and their family all the best at this difficult time.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I have made this a sticky topic to keep it up the top.

Cancer is something that touched my family a few years back with disastrous results and not something I wish to see anyone go through.

All the best to the family and hope they are getting along as best as they can be at this hard time.

Reactions: blacky

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
We have just come home this afternoon from saying a sad and final farewell to a friend who was the same age as me, 54. I have know him since the age of about 17. He had bladder cancer. A life lost too soon. Mandi, we wish you a good outcome, stay strong, stay positive and fight that bloody mongrel disease. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Reactions: Squirter231

Broc Wright

Apr 14, 2015
Australia
Just over 6 years ago the same thing happened to my parents. A dream of early retirement and a life of travel was cut short after just 6 months when my mother developed breast Cancer. Sadly she passed away aged 48. It is a very common occurrence these days and is getting worse. Best wishes to this couple.

borstalboy

Apr 17, 2012
Northern Subs SA
A very late update but for those who followed this story. We lost Mandi last March it was so fast and hard to believe it has been over a year now since she left us. She will never be forgotten RIP.