17' Series Please Explain!!!!

Arkraider

Jan 6, 2015
Melbourne
Ok, here goes...
Just after some clarifications if any one knows and some opinions as I am in the hunt for a new model Expanda and a bit confused about some of the feature descriptions in the catalogue.
So if anyone can help throat would be great...
Control panels what's the difference between the Coast to Coast and the Drifter?
TV Sensor Pro? What is this??
External Entertainment Unit?
Axel and Leaf V's JTECH... This is going to be road going only... Not an outback.
Are the dropdown jacks REALLY that much better than the windown??
Stereo.... Upgrade or go with the entry level option? What's the difference?

Thanks heaps to everyone that may help... Much appreciated...

And if anyone knows what the potential pricing differences may be please let me know...

If I have posted this in the wrong spot please let me know and move it if you like... Sorry...

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
As I posted in another thread we have the Coast to Coast panel. If you have solar fitted then your regulator will show battery levels so going to the drifter will be overkill IMO. Also the C2C is way cheaper.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ok, here goes...
Just after some clarifications if any one knows and some opinions as I am in the hunt for a new model Expanda and a bit confused about some of the feature descriptions in the catalogue.
Control panels what's the difference between the Coast to Coast and the Drifter?
Axel and Leaf V's JTECH... This is going to be road going only... Not an outback.

And if anyone knows what the potential pricing differences may be please let me know...

If I have posted this in the wrong spot please let me know and move it if you like... Sorry...
tv sensor pro ??? external entertainment unit get an out side tv point bang u can take ur tv out side we have a sony raido cd ipod connecting good system not to big fits on top shelf
jtech is very good dosnt matter what roads but its heavier than leaf drop down jacks are also very good I wind mine with a portable drill quick and easy my half pennys worth

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I think I have the tv sensor pro ,maybe .
It's a booster and it also tells you the signal strength while rotating the aerial plus a few other options that I have no idea how to use . But I may be wrong

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ok, here goes...

The Drifter panel shows tank levels, battery state ie charge discharge rate, amp hr remaining with a shunt. The Coast to Coast is a very basic tank /voltage gauge. A voltage gauge offers no real value. As @MDS69 said the Drifter is expensive and theres better and/or cheaper units about, but the Drifter is the only feature rich unit Jayco use ... so its that or install your own.

The sensar pro is a Winegard antenna companion product that is a built in antenna signal strength meter worth around $130. The free MySwitch phone App will sort you out there for the super cool price of ...... free

Entertaiment unit is a neat external hatch access to a boxed out area that has antenna, 240v, 12v, and tv bracket. Takes up some internal cabinet space. I have it, i like it, but a table and external tv point next to the already supplied default annex pwr point will do the same job.

Jtech is independant suspension, which adds significant cost, weight and a lot of extra height .... i had to buy a fold up step, because its way to high without it. The Outbacks look cool, but if you are limiting to roads its an expense you could avoid. Although I would guess the Outback incarnation will make the van more desirable 2nd hand. For whats it worth independant suspension also lowers the centre of gravity.

Drop down jacks are stronger and more stable. Although its possibly not recommended, the drop downs can actually lift the van.

I have the standard Fusion stereo and im extremely happy with it. It a RV dedicated stereo with bluetooth phone connectivity. Only issue is the Ibis aircon remote control changes the stereos stations. Started off being funny ... now its really annoying. The upmarket unit has more features, including and additional controller head, but i personally wouldnt use any of the additional features.

Last edited: