Interior Planar Diesel Heater Install

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Gday

Have finished the installation and thought I'd share with whoever was interested. Installed the 2kw Planar heater under the L shaped lounge in a Coromal Element.
First issue was the heater bolts were not long enough to get thru the floor, so attached it to the optional plate and secured this to the floor. Also ordered a muffler which didn't quite fit the exhaust pipe.
Had a stand welded up and attached it to the rear bumper. Put the controller under the double bed (where all the other electronics are located).
m_IMG_0632.jpg Diesel Tank on rear bumper
m_IMG_0639.jpg Looking down and into where the heater is located
m_IMG_0640.jpgLooking at the cool air intake end
m_IMG_0642.jpgsmall Black controller
m_IMG_0643.jpg Muffer/Silencer fixed under van
m_IMG_0644.jpg Pipes under van
m_IMG_0645.jpg Fuel Pump

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
Looks good, do you find you cant run it flat out with the ducting?
I fitted one to my swan with no ducting and it could run all night on full power.
Fitted another one to the base station with 1meter of ducting and 2 90deg turns on the outlet and find that after a while on full power it shuts down on overtemp.

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Good to hear some positive feedback on these heaters as we are looking at getting the same unit for our van.
Does the heater kick in and out with the thermostat, and how noisey are they?

Cheers
greynt

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Gday Greynt
Yes it has a thermostat.
If others don't reply to your query re noise, I will once we do our next trip in a few weeks time..

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
I'm on the second one of these heaters. The last 2 vans have had them. As far as noise is concerned, every persons tolerance is different but for us the choice between cold and noise was an easy one. Seriously the worst part is the slight tick from the fuel pump. I'm currently working on a solution for that and will post pics of the solution in the coming couple of weeks, just gotta wait till I get home to install it.
You won't regret putting a heater in, these units are great value for money.

Reactions: greynt

mccrlc

Aug 19, 2012
Tasmania
The noise from the fuel pump is fine & your right I'd rather the tick than being cold.
You can have it work on the thermostat or have it running constantly.

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
Does the heater kick in and out with the thermostat, and how noisey are they?
Cheers
greynt
You can set it to its thermostat setting but by doing so It will run the glow plug at every start up, depending how much battery you have and how much power you use before you go to bed, this may or may not be a problem. The fan is the noise part but it isnt as loud as you air con.