17' Series Picking up the new van in 7 days!!!!

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
Hi everyone!!

We can't control our excitement that we are finally picking up our new 17.56.2 in just 7 days!!

It's been a long time coming as we started the process back in July. We could of been on the run for us to pick it up at the end of September but we had to put it back until we sold our Swan (yes, I can hear you all giggling....of course they were going to upgrade!)

We just went and picked our colours for our new annexe which is getting made this week. So it will all come together nicely and in time for our christmas break.

I know how you all love pics, so will definately post some.

Now how are we going to sleep this week :p:Do_O

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Congrats @Hoffy and I can sense the excitement from this side of the country.... Don't forget the obligitory pics on pick-up ;)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi everyone!!

We can't control our excitement that we are finally picking up our new 17.56.2 in just 7 days!!

It's been a long time coming as we started the process back in July. We could of been on the run for us to pick it up at the end of September but we had to put it back until we sold our Swan (yes, I can hear you all giggling....of course they were going to upgrade!)

We just went and picked our colours for our new annexe which is getting made this week. So it will all come together nicely and in time for our christmas break.

I know how you all love pics, so will definately post some.

Now how are we going to sleep this week :p:Do_O
The whole of oz heads to the Gold Coast ..... where does someone from the Gold Coast go for holidays?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
The whole of oz heads to the Gold Coast ..... where does someone from the Gold Coast go for holidays?
When we where up at Southport for Sep school holidays a lot of the park was locals.. The guys across from us are there for 5-7 weeks over Christmas holidays every year and said most of the road there where the same people year in and out.
He just commutes to work not much different he said time wise from home.

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Perth is on for us in 2016.

Theres an awful lot of eye spy, driving from Melb to Perth. My little man doesn't get the correlation between the letter at the start of the thing, and the thing itself, so it would be a life threatening trip.

i.e. "I spy with my little eye something beginning with 'B' " ..... after an hour of guessing, and many, many " ... can you still see it????", much frustration later its the sky, of course.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
When we where up at Southport for Sep school holidays a lot of the park was locals.. The guys across from us are there for 5-7 weeks over Christmas holidays every year and said most of the road there where the same people year in and out.
He just commutes to work not much different he said time wise from home.
A lot of Melboun'ites do that on the peninsula over the xmas/new year, commuting to work each day.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
A lot of Melboun'ites do that on the peninsula over the xmas/new year, commuting to work each day.
that be me :) going Somers in Jan

i.e. "I spy with my little eye something beginning with 'B' " ..... after an hour of guessing, and many, many " ... can you still see it????", much frustration later its the sky, of course.
Our then 4 year old said letter "E" took ages and we gave up thinking he had the letter wrong again or something you cannot see like "Power Rangers".. Then he said "Earth" cheeky bugger.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Perth is on for us in 2016.

Theres an awful lot of eye spy, driving from Melb to Perth. My little man doesn't get the correlation between the letter at the start of the thing, and the thing itself, so it would be a life threatening trip.

We use to have "s", and after 20 mins and there almost being a fist fight in the car, the then 3yr old goes..... 'Snakehead'. ( how he's made it to 8 I have NO idea!) I have since banned I spy in the car. ( plus we had the usual spotting of poo, bums, etc. I'm sure you could imagine)

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
Haha, yes I know it's hard to go anywhere else when we have some of the best beaches and parks on our door step!!
We tend to go northern NSW where there are some beautiful spots or to our sister city.....The Sunshine Coast!!
We recently stayed at Tallebudgera Caravan Park and got chatting to our neighbours who of course asked where we were from. When we answered Tallebudgera, they thought we were joking!!

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
Well, we got our new baby home safe and sound.

Handover was a lot easier than we thought, it all seemed too easy but our salesman said, why complicate something that doesn't need to be??

Unfortunately it has stormed all day so we haven't been able to christen it tonight but we are away in it this Friday so won't be long before we can really play. In the meantime we get to set it all up and organise it ready for our trip.

I will post some pics tomorrow!!

Can't believe we finally have it!!

The Hoffy's

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
As promised, here are a few pictures of our new toy!!!

image.jpg Haha, do you reckon you could get bigger grins than this????
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
awesome bit of kit are they not.........

ahhh, the memories of a new van......................

Haha, yes I know it's hard to go anywhere else when we have some of the best beaches and parks on our door step!!
We tend to go northern NSW where there are some beautiful spots or to our sister city.....The Sunshine Coast!!
We recently stayed at Tallebudgera Caravan Park and got chatting to our neighbours who of course asked where we were from. When we answered Tallebudgera, they thought we were joking!!

I know what your saying, there is a caravan park at the end of Toodyay rd - in Middle Swan (not Toodyay)
years ago, we used to go there for our weekends away
its only 2kms from our door..................
hahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: dagree and Hoffy

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
awesome bit of kit are they not.........

ahhh, the memories of a new van......................

I know what your saying, there is a caravan park at the end of Toodyay rd - in Middle Swan (not Toodyay)
years ago, we used to go there for our weekends away
its only 2kms from our door..................
hahahahahahahahahaha

hahaha love it!!

Sometimes its just more convenient to go 2kms down the road. It really doesn't matter, as long as your relaxing and using the van, it is all good. I love going to Tallebudgera Caravan Park!! We are in the process of booking their again for Jan/Feb!!