Starcraft Picked up the 17.58-3 today.

franko

Jun 1, 2014
Sydney, Northern Beaches
Picked it up, got the run through while the brake controller was being fitted to the Navara. Couldn't see any issues it looks really good. Towed well on the way home (it's a bit bigger than the eagle) and got it backed up the drive way into the carport just in time to get to night shift. We are heading up to the central coast for the weekend to give it a try out and get things sorted. I hope it's not too wet.
Just going to try and load some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 563
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 628
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 588
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 594

franko

Jun 1, 2014
Sydney, Northern Beaches
I don't mind that the sink was swapped around. I think it will work fine and with the lid down it is a pretty good shelf space for the coffee machine or something. We are headed to the blue lagoon van park , I haven't been there before but looks pretty good. Close enough to home any way. I thought about Narrabeen for the first trip but that's not really being to adventurous. Does anyone know why there would be 2 solar panels? Did they make a mistake or are they only 60 watts each. I thought I ordered the show special which is 120 watts in one panel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 369

timbo2002

Jan 15, 2014
Sydney
I don't mind that the sink was swapped around. I think it will work fine and with the lid down it is a pretty good shelf space for the coffee machine or something. We are headed to the blue lagoon van park , I haven't been there before but looks pretty good. Close enough to home any way. I thought about Narrabeen for the first trip but that's not really being to adventurous. Does anyone know why there would be 2 solar panels? Did they make a mistake or are they only 60 watts each. I thought I ordered the show special which is 120 watts in one panel.

I believe that the show special gives an EXTRA solar panel - as the Outback comes with a single solar panel anyway. So you should have 240 watts all up (that was what another thread seemed to indicate anyway). Is a good looking van - we got our plans for our 17.58-3 this week - arrives in November. Before then I have to extend our driveway and drop the levels down so I can get it under the carport!

Reactions: franko

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Congrats franko, great looking van. Big fridge too!!

Yes the show special gave you an extra 120watt panel, for a total of 240watts, you should also have received a sun shield/ privacy screen for front and back of awning and a floor mat?

franko

Jun 1, 2014
Sydney, Northern Beaches
Yeah we got the sun blockers as well as a floor for the awning area. So far it's all working well. No leaks and it's been well and truly tested with rain. I got up about 3am to close the awning up as the wind picked up and started flapping and I hadn't put any extra ropes on it. Bed is nice, if a fraction short for me. Just watching the wallabies play with a corona in hand. How good is life hey.

franko

Jun 1, 2014
Sydney, Northern Beaches
@achjimmy, The fridge is great. So much more usable space than the smaller one like we used to have in the eagle and it's up off the floor a bit so it's easier to get into. I've put one of the $10 sensor/timed led lights from bunnings in it which seems to work really well.
I've got the van plugged into the power at home with the fridge running with a few bevies in it just to monitor the temperature settings and every afternoon that I keep on checking it seem perfectly chilled haha. Like I need an excuse to just hang out at the van like I'm camping.
@Pace I am on the process of getting a tray fitted to the ute so once that is done I think the wheels at least will be done in black to try and match the van a bit more.

Reactions: TerriD

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
@Pace I am on the process of getting a tray fitted to the ute so once that is done I think the wheels at least will be done in black to try and match the van a bit more.
The light for the fridge is a great tip @franko, we had a hawk before our current van (not Jayco) and we are just about to purchase a 17.58.3 touring.Your OB looks great thanks for posting pics it helps to see the new layout If you like the Central Coast we can recommend Toowoon Bay Caravan Park we have stayed there quite a few times and really enjoyed ourselves each time. They have some sites they call prime sites right on the ocean really nice.
Regards TerriD

Last edited: