Pete & Jane's Basestation

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
Hi not sure where to post this question
the plastic checker plate on the side of the van has come unstuck or unscrewed and it opens up with the sun on it
i'm not sure whats involved to take it off and re glue or screw back on properly Regard Pete

IMG_6002.JPG

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
I had a go at repairing the checker side panel which was not that hard
Firstly remove the centre strp which digs out easily with a small screw driver , that then exposes the screws. The screws were all put in at random distances so definitely not part of there so called production line precision.
So i pulled back the checker at the top cleaned and did a line of silicon to hold then did the same with the retaining strip
I found the m6 screws had all pulled so I upgraded to m8 18mm metal screws and i doubled the amout that Jayco had used .
Pete

IMG_6011.JPG IMG_6014.JPG IMG_6021.JPG

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
After getting belted by the weather at Toowoon bay last week a local caravan repairer was doing some work in the park .
So after having a chat we decided to fit the proper deflappers to our van .
So on our way to Port Stephens today we had Steve from Shamrock caravan repairs at Wyong do the work .
A great job and good price

IMG_6074.JPG IMG_6075.JPG

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
We are at Tuncurry for a few days so it was time to do a few bits to the van.
Firstly we purchased some privacy screens to attach to the annexe, as the wind went to a westerly and everything outside got wet,
We went for two instead of one big one the sizes a 3100 and a 2800 which works well as sometimes we dont want it all up.
Next was to fit an outside tap on the useable side of the van so we can fill the dogs water easily.
And finally i changed the bed bar to the outside of the bracket also i swapped the inside mounting bolt the other way so now it is flush which makes the mattress a lot easier to move around Pete

IMG_6195.JPG IMG_6196.JPG IMG_6199.JPG IMG_6200.JPG IMG_6205.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6196.JPG
    IMG_6196.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_6195.JPG
    IMG_6195.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_6199.JPG
    IMG_6199.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 442

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
Hi Guys im having major problems with a hot brake which then makes a humming noise
i put a new backing plate assembly on the hot wheel and that is fixed but now the other side is getting hot
tonight i have taken all the wheels off and checked voltage and earth and all are reading correctly
the funny thing is when i put the controller (Redarc) on 2 the front 2 brakes have the same resistance when you try and move the drums with a bar
but the rear 2 hardly have any
Brake adjustment has they have been done correctly
i now know why the brake gets hot as its doing all of the work
tomorrow im going to clean all of the magnets and drums hoping the dust is reducing the drag
any other ideas would be appreciated
Pete