Paint colour??

Blueoval

Feb 5, 2012
Does anybody know what colour matches the lower front section of the OB models - the area that appears to be for stone deflection? I have made enquiries about purchasing some of the 'body protection' paint they have used from the Jayco factory. I was told that I can't purchase it aftermarket and to just paint over the original stuff with a colour matched paint. Not sure if this will work, as it appears some of the rubbery surface has deteriorated with the sun. Has anybody else had this problem? Probably not, because you all look after your vans...

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Can't help directly, but try a caravan repairer. They should hopefully be able to tell you a) the base material and suitability for painting, b) type of paint or other to use c) colour.

Probably not, because you all look after your vans...
If no one else posts with answers, and you find out, please let us all know. Its not always a case of someone else looking after the van better, but things happen, they get damaged either physically or via sun like yours. When cleaning after a trip, I've wondered the same....

Alan

Feb 3, 2012
Altona Vic
Paint Colour

Does anybody know what colour matches the lower front section of the OB models - the area that appears to be for stone deflection? I have made enquiries about purchasing some of the 'body protection' paint they have used from the Jayco factory. I was told that I can't purchase it aftermarket and to just paint over the original stuff with a colour matched paint. Not sure if this will work, as it appears some of the rubbery surface has deteriorated with the sun. Has anybody else had this problem? Probably not, because you all look after your vans...

Ours is only 18 mths old but i can forsee having your issues in the future as i find very difficult to clean. I also will be interested in the outcomes.

Blueoval

Feb 5, 2012
Spoke with the local Jayco retailer (parts shop) and was told Jayco buy it in bulk for construction process, but they don't sell it on. Like the local caravan repair outfit, they said to simply colour match and paint over it. My concern is that some of the substrate (some sort of granular material) has come away where it has been impacted by rocks and there appears to be some sort of rubberised (wow, is that a word???) coating involved too. Might be time to talk to a 4x4 or boating shop to see if there is another product available. Maybe something they use for grip on boat gel coat surfaces.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Maybe try "Floor Tough Green". I wouldn't guarantee the surface will match the texture, but that is the stuff you see painted on decks and steps and the like near beaches or other wet prone areas.
Otherwise another type of Polyurethane textured coating????

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Mum & Dad just reapplied there's. Here's the product.

*FLEX- COTE PT
Colour: Smoke ( Flexible: Durable:Impact Resistant:Anti -Slip: Fast Curing: Poly Coating
Quantity* 1 Litre
AFTEK, by** TLS-TWA AUSTRALIA PTY.LTD
Aftek
250 Princes Highway
Dandenong VIC 3175
Tel 03 9791 8211
Jayco may have it in a Coast to Coast* Outlet but I was unable to find it in the catalogue 2010. Camac did not have a listing but somewere I have seen a listing and they make other colours as some Destiny Vans are amber/sunburnt color on their stone protection.
Hope this is of value
*Regards
*Dad

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Jayco bundaberg told us they use Solar guard charcoal grey ... Though any exterior uv treated paint works. You can't used textured paint to retouch unless you want more texture.

Reactions: Blueoval

Blueoval

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks for the info Turtle. That website (TLS-TWA) is playing hell with my computer. I think they, or I, may have some wooden horse with men in it issues. I will call them direct re a supplier in the west.

Blueoval

Feb 5, 2012
I phoned TLS-TWA and they put me onto their rep in SA, who also covers WA. He said they dont have a re-seller in WA and suggested I try Jayco. I told him Jayco said they only buy in bulk and I should go to Bunnings and match paint. The TLS-TWA man said that was incorrect, that Jayco buy one litre touch up cans from them. Soooooooo, I went back to my local Jayco seller and what do you know, he had it on the shelf the whole time. It was only when I asked for it by name that he knew what I was looking for.

Looking forward to applying it to freshen the front of the van up. At $83 per litre, I will be careful not to spill any.

Thanks again to all who contibuted.