Outside Table - What do you use

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
I've done a couple of searches on the site, but haven't been able to find any information, so the post is the last resort.

Maybe a simple thing or personal choice, but what table do you use for eating outside / annexe? Camp chairs probably are not the best for sitting at a stand alone table and the old built in table and four chair models I've seen are really flimsy... I've done www searches and visited several camping shops for a solution and nothing has impressed.

Added issue is the two rugrats that need to sit on boosters.... 14mth old and 3yr old. The missus wasn't too impressed with my proposal of a rug..............

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
I've done a couple of searches on the site, but haven't been able to find any information, so the post is the last resort.

Maybe a simple thing or personal choice, but what table do you use for eating outside / annexe? Camp chairs probably are not the best for sitting at a stand alone table and the old built in table and four chair models I've seen are really flimsy... I've done www searches and visited several camping shops for a solution and nothing has impressed.

Added issue is the two rugrats that need to sit on boosters.... 14mth old and 3yr old. The missus wasn't too impressed with my proposal of a rug..............

I agree with your missus, a rug is ridiculous whereas a tarp is perfect as you can just spray it off with a hose.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We are really happy with our set up. We have a couple of tables, a bunnings fold up table when we have friends along, and a smaller table bought from a boating store when just us. For chairs we have cumfy camp chairs to relax, but at meal times we use some Ikea chairs we got years ago. cost about $15 each and very comfy, and fold well. I think they were called "Niko". I'll look it up. For the kids we use a kids camp table with built in chars, and when they were babies we used an ikea high chair. Very light and easy to transport.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Try this link
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/30162208/
It's not the same chair but similar. perhaps they dont make the one we have any more

nisse-folding-chair__74031_PE190778_S4.JPG

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi cootay, we use 2 bench seats and table, can't remember the brand but they are sold at probably every camping store. The seats has fold up legs and fit in under the table (which also has folding legs) to transport and has a lifetime guarantee, very sturdy, available in cream or green and the seats can handle allot of weight, lucky for me at 6'4" and 112kg. Very handy if you need a step for anything when setting or packing up! Had ours now for 12 years and apart from some marks still all good, I'd definately buy another one.

Cheers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi Cootay, I had never thought about this till now, but unless there is a campfire where the meal is eaten on my lap, we will always eat meals inside the van at the table.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
We bought a couple of fold up aluminium slat fold up/roll up tables.
We got these from auto pro when they were on sale, about $20 each.
They are small and seat four people. Works for us.

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
Hi cootay,
Mostly we ate at the table inside the van, but when we did eat outside, Bec and I sat at a bunnings fold up table, the one that the legs fold inside then it folds in half with a carry Handel. We found it o.k for us but not the kids. We ended up finding a fold up table at big w that has leg extensions. We would just leave the extended legs off and the kids could either sit on there small camp chairs or rest on there knees. Worked well for drawing and puzzles too.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
We bought a fold up slay type table and just use the camp chairs. Maybe not as good as it could be but does the jobs for us.
Sorry can't help with the kids chairs though - ours are all big enough to fight over the camp chairs :)
291438.jpg