Outside 12V dc socket.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Probably a pretty mundane question , but I dont want to re invent the wheel if someone has done it first. Planning to put a Narva 12V dc socket outside near the side table.

Is it better to come straight off the Setec or just join into any 12V wiring close by? I have not pulled my setec out yet so will there be specific terminals for what I want to connect to, presume there should be but any tips would be handy. I will be just using the 12V for simple radio use and I might put one inside for the TV just in case.

Cheers Geoff

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi Geoff, my only thought is with fusing and whether or not you want an individual fuse to each outlet, just my thoughts.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
The setec unit only has very limited outputs anyway, so whether you piggy back off near by of run wires all the way to the setec you will still be piggy backing with something else at the setec. So I would just t off something close by,,,, preferably lights if you have changed them to led because that way the overall load is greatly reduced on the circuit anyway

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Thanks for the replies. It will be easy to come off the light circuit near the front door.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Hi all i ran a line straight off the battery and just fuse the curcuit I figured will be charging it will be on 240 supply and if not I will be off the battery anyway.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I have not got a battery, but have been thinking of fitting one. I like it, nice and simple.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
What!!! no Battery??? Could it be??? :smile:

Funny Mate, I was just commenting on this very subject a couple of days ago and my point was such that if you are always camping in powered sites and never free camping then why fit a 30+kg battery in the first place just an waste of Space, Weight and Money really...

If this is the case and you do always camp in powered sites - you probably will only need a battery for short road side stops etc. ??? in which case instead of fitting a big 30+kg 105Ah battery - perhaps consider fitting a much smaller, cheaper, "lighter" perhaps 10 or 15ah battery...

Just food for thought but I sure would be going down this road if it wasn't for the odd free camping we do