outback tv

stormpatrol

Oct 26, 2011
newy/nsw
Hi can any body tell me if the jayco wind up tv antenna is boosted or not , at the moment we can only pick up a picture at random moments and certain sitting positions in the van ?? :drama:

shadow75

Aug 25, 2011
Sale, Victoria, Australia
Without the booster on, for me it rarely works.. Have spent several minutes (more than once) rotating the antenna to get a picture, getting more frustrated, until the wife has reminded me..

(oh, by the way, the don't last long at 100km/hr when not completely down... First trip I learnt this lesson - $5 later to replace the upright)

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
You have to use the booster if its there otherwise you will be very lucky to pick up anything....Ours has a booster in the main TV point...

I bought one of these to aid in aiming the antenna... just plug it in turn it on and twist until you have the most amount of lights.. too easy!!

TV.JPG

:wink:

stormpatrol

Oct 26, 2011
newy/nsw
WELL WELL we found it, might help a bit ,no one told us about it until now, power to the people, thank you all, yaaaaaa . We were going to buy a new tv with a booster mmmm.

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Our 17 footer had terrible reception everywhere, even with the booster turned on, Jayco Canberra suggested adding a "Wingman" I don't have a clue about these things but it worked. we have not had an issue since? IMG_3318.jpg

Ducfat

Mar 28, 2012
There's an iPhone app called "antenna mate" that works really well for direction ($4.49).

Turtle, how does it actually work? Do you aim your antenna in the same direction as the red pointer? I have the App, sitting here at home, the pointer is actually pointing 180 degress from where our tower is located?
Cheers.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
photo.JPG

The picture above is my aerial set up. This aerial is a "Saturn Omni 3000". The great thing about these aerials is that you don`t need to have them facing in any particular direction, they are uni-directional. They are boosted and run off 12Volt for outback camping. A bit pricey but very good quality.

Roh

Oct 26, 2010
Mornington Peninsula VIC
Hi Stormpatrol,
I believe that the black switch on the antenna panel turns on the booster for the Winegard wind up antenna, and if that is switched off then you can plug and cable into the socket on the outside of the van if the van park supplys an antenna point at your site and use their signal for your tv.
Rohan