Out with the new and in with the old.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
How is that for a thread title.
Missing Bitz is no more. For those who were with us on our trip with the group to Sheepyard Flat back in November, they will know that it was almost a trip from hell for us. Motion sickness was the order of the day. We had experienced the problem to a degree ever since we got the Challenger in October of 2011. But never as bad as on that trip. We managed to track it down, after much research, to a visual problem with the concave windscreens and side windows in that vehicle and others like it. We spoke with other 4Wd owners who had expereinced this and the only effective cure was to change vehicles.
And that meant older technology and different windscreen layout and style. After much tutting and to-ing and frow-ing, we settled on a 1994 4.5 litre Landcruiser GXL. The vehicle is unmodified except for an ARB bar on the front.
I think I have attached and image. gxl94 (640x480).jpgAnd so far so good. We have done some K's and not a hint of motion sickness at all. And the vehicle, which I have named Tojo80, is a pleasure to drive and is sooooooo quiet after the Challenger. And the air-conditioner works. And the wife is happy.
The next outing we have planned is Kurth Kiln or Sheepyard Flat on the weekend of 19th January.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well done Stan. I felt sorry for you and the family down at Sheepyard due to the illness keeping you from joining some of the runs. That's great that you have solved the problem, maybe see you all on some other trip sometime.