18' Series Our new Expanda 18.57-6 OB

panda girl-18

Dec 9, 2012
Glenmore Park NSW
Hi Jas, Thankyou for your welcome. We reckon the same. Do you use a WDH with your prady? We are currently using a Hayman Reese. It seems to sit quite well but we have nothing to campare this to as we did not need to use the WDH with the swan.
The waterproof canvas bed end was part of our package deal from Jayco Newcastle I believe the dealer uses a local company. It's fantastic with the canvas windows rolled up it still allows heaps of light and ventilation into the van.
Hope you enjoy your first weekend away. We loved our first short getaway, we are now counting down to our 2 week getaway to Port Macquarie just after Chrissie. At Port Macquarie we are halfway to Brissie never know we may catch up some time.

Regards
Matt & Sherree

panda girl-18

Dec 9, 2012
Glenmore Park NSW
Hi Brad, Thankyou for your welcome.
The waterproof canvas bed end was part of our package deal from the dealer. I believe Jayco Newcastle uses a local company that makes annex walls and awnings.
We think it's a great when the canvas windows are rolled up it still allows alot of light and ventilation into the van also still giving the privacy. Unfortunately you can't roll it up into the bed lid you have to take it out each time, it only takes
5min to put in or take out you just have to slide it into a sail track. It sure beats the 3hr set/pack up on the swan.

Happy Caravanning hope to hear of your future trips.
regards
Matt & Sherree

panda girl-18

Dec 9, 2012
Glenmore Park NSW
Thankyou to everyone for your warm welcome. We are very excited to be part of this friendly forum. Looking forward to reading everyone's adventures and thoughts.

Happy caravanning!
Regards,
Matt & Sherree

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Matt & Sheree,
We have a Hayman Reese WDH also, but I will be honest, not a lot of experience. The Prado sat nicely on the way home, but so far, that's the extent of our towing, a whole 5km's :whistle: This is our first van.
For our next little trip, we are taking a leisurely run to Carters Towers (1400km), our oldest has a 5 day Cricket Championship up there. No one really goes to Charters Towers, most people leave and never go back.... so it should be fun....we leave this saturday. All jokes aside we are pretty excited, and can't wait to get away.
So that will be our introduction to towing 2.5t. Should have it sussed by the time we get there I reckon. We are busy getting everything organised and packed, fitted the stone stomper last weekend. Weighing pretty much everything in, surprising how quickly the weight adds up.
We will be at the Broadbeach caravan park for 2 weeks after xmas, which will give us a chance to get over Charters Towers, and yep you never know we may cross paths, would look pretty cool with the two of us in convoy, only problem is the NSW Plates, that would certainly devalue your rig....:caked:

The bed ends look great, am keen to get some, they look very similar to the ones Andrea mentioned a few posts back. They have an office in Brissy so will give them a hoy when we are back.

you can see our rig here,

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/showthread.php/2029-My-Expanda-18-57-6

Enjoy Port Mac.

jas

ps what mirrors did you end up with, thats one thing I stressed about, don't want to damage the prado, fingers crossed ours work out ok.
I also have a pic here of our brake controller install that might interest you.
brake.JPG

panda girl-18

Dec 9, 2012
Glenmore Park NSW
Hi Jas, Thanks for your reply we have actually heard that having NSW plates doubles the value of your rig.:pound: Sounds like a great trip make sure you post heaps of pics. A convey is a great idea maybe we'll see you on the road. If your into fishing Port Mac is the perfect place.:fish2:
We ended up purchasing mirrors from Supercheap Auto that wrap around our side mirrors they seem to do the job on the short trip we have done. Thanks for the photo on your brake controller we had one in the prado already from towing our swan. Jayco Newcastle adjusted the new van on pick-up.