our new annexe

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
got the call today from prestige letting us know our annexe walls were in.
they asked us to come in when they were fitted to show us how they fit etc
we went with the jayco annexe $1750 and wow we were surprised just how good they look
pics will be coming.we chose beige coloured canvas because tab thought/new it would look good
who can argue with a lady lol
the guy fitting them said they spoke about the colours we chose because they had never used that colour
before but were surprised that it went well with the jayco stickers and will now not be scared to go with that colour instead of grey.
cant wait till satday to go away and see how long it takes to set up.
looks easy when they do it around 15 mins but we will see
cheers jim/tab and diamond

ChantalB

Jan 10, 2012
Erina,Central Coast NSW
got the call today from prestige letting us know our annexe walls were in.
they asked us to come in when they were fitted to show us how they fit etc
we went with the jayco annexe $1750 and wow we were surprised just how good they look
pics will be coming.we chose beige coloured canvas because tab thought/new it would look good
who can argue with a lady lol
the guy fitting them said they spoke about the colours we chose because they had never used that colour
before but were surprised that it went well with the jayco stickers and will now not be scared to go with that colour instead of grey.
cant wait till satday to go away and see how long it takes to set up.
looks easy when they do it around 15 mins but we will see
cheers jim/tab and diamond

Hi Jim and Tab,
Just a quick question to see how you have found your jayco annexe? We are looking at purchasing a 16.49-1 expanda (details to be finalised tomorrow hopefully) and they have quoted us $1815 for the jayco annex. Just about to post on the forum seeking opinions from those who have them and saw you thread.
Thanks,
Chantal

carts

Jan 12, 2012
hi we went with alpine as it is a sleeker looking annexe and the ends come in one piece compered to to tebbs option....and got fly doors built in instead on fly strips.....so after pulling awning out you have 3 zips and velcro and its up

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
We have a Prestige Jayco annexe for our 17.56-1 and it is absolutely fantastic (I am currently sitting in the annexe as I type this...LOL).
It doubles the amount of room you have and keeps pretty warm on the cooler nights as well.
One thing I would suggest to anyone using the annexe is to make some more permenant marks on the awning roller. Jayco usually put some black texta marks on the lever end of the roller so you can make sure the channel the wall slides into is in the correct position....however last week when we got to our destination I pulled the awning out only to find the weather had worn the texta marks away...so a bit of trial and error later and we were all setup (but don't think those texta marks will stay there forever).
Otherwise, we love the annexe and are so glad we added it. Easy to put up (one person can do it but two people makes it easier), and even in pretty strong winds (which we experienced last week), we had no issues at all (but be sure to peg down the main upright legs!), along with the canvas walls where you can.
We also purchased a CGear mesh matting as the flooring which also is wonderful.
Dave

Reactions: ChantalB

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
We have a Prestige Jayco annexe for our 17.56-1 and it is absolutely fantastic (I am currently sitting in the annexe as I type this...LOL).
It doubles the amount of room you have and keeps pretty warm on the cooler nights as well.
One thing I would suggest to anyone using the annexe is to make some more permenant marks on the awning roller. Jayco usually put some black texta marks on the lever end of the roller so you can make sure the channel the wall slides into is in the correct position....however last week when we got to our destination I pulled the awning out only to find the weather had worn the texta marks away...so a bit of trial and error later and we were all setup (but don't think those texta marks will stay there forever).
Otherwise, we love the annexe and are so glad we added it. Easy to put up (one person can do it but two people makes it easier), and even in pretty strong winds (which we experienced last week), we had no issues at all (but be sure to peg down the main upright legs!), along with the canvas walls where you can.
We also purchased a CGear mesh matting as the flooring which also is wonderful.
Dave
same here for us dave, for our annual summer break its annexe (tebbs for us) top quality and good little touches they include that sold us over manufactures. as for texta marking wearing off, i went over ours with a paint pen. made suttle markings so too when setting up all went as it should. did you get 1 or 2 roof stays to not let your awning sag for your set up?

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
same here for us dave, for our annual summer break its annexe (tebbs for us) top quality and good little touches they include that sold us over manufactures. as for texta marking wearing off, i went over ours with a paint pen. made suttle markings so too when setting up all went as it should. did you get 1 or 2 roof stays to not let your awning sag for your set up?

The paint pen is a good idea....I might try that.

We were given two roof supports for the middle of the annexe roof...which I think is a good idea as the span might be quite wide for just one.
Dave

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi Pace
We've just ordered our van and opted for a Tebbs annex. Are the roof stays standard? Also, did you get any options or would you recommend any?
Thanks

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Pace
We've just ordered our van and opted for a Tebbs annex. Are the roof stays standard? Also, did you get any options or would you recommend any?
Thanks

congrats, we got 2 roof stays per tebbs advice, we got door front and rear with flyscreens too, be sure to let them know to install the vent with the top triangles section of the front and rear walls, this helps heaps for heat venting and no musty smell within the annexe too. on the large wall oppositte the van see if they can split the window cover as it lets a lot of sun in as its a huge window. we are extremely happy with our tebbs annexe, enjoy.cheers.

Reactions: relgate