17' Series Our Long-Awaited 17.56.2!

Byl

Aug 5, 2014
Perth Hills, WA
@Byl thanks for the pics!! Looks great. Can't wait til we get ours and hopefully get away on the next WA meet that ummmmmm.... @dagree arranges....

No pressure David :behindsofa:
How long do you to wait?? It felt like FOREVER to us!
Yeah, we are getting away over xmas. We'll start at our farm and check some things out... then head oh, somewhere.... Wherever the road takes us I guess.
We are not big fans of CP's so we'll see what we can find along the way - no hurry to be anywhere in particular.
Yes, @dagree , I ditto @MichaelB 's ummmm, suggestion.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@Byl thanks for the pics!! Looks great. Can't wait til we get ours and hopefully get away on the next WA meet that ummmmmm.... @dagree arranges....

No pressure David :behindsofa:

Keep your eyes on the WA Meet page early in the New Year @MichaelB ... Just remember to take your wellies and wet weather gear with you if traveling with us :smow::rain:

MichaelB

Oct 22, 2014
Perth
@Byl we don't get ours until March :( loooooooong wait!!!

We too have a farm... I can see regular trips there, with no real excuse for going other than to use the panda!!! Ours is quite well set up for free camping as we do a lot of that now with our camper trailer. I enjoy both CP's and free camping and so does my family... Although the kids are partial to a jumping pillow!! Not many of them at free camps... If there was we probably wouldn't get to a CP at all!

Byl

Aug 5, 2014
Perth Hills, WA
@Byl we don't get ours until March :( loooooooong wait!!!

We too have a farm... I can see regular trips there, with no real excuse for going other than to use the panda!!! Ours is quite well set up for free camping as we do a lot of that now with our camper trailer. I enjoy both CP's and free camping and so does my family... Although the kids are partial to a jumping pillow!! Not many of them at free camps... If there was we probably wouldn't get to a CP at all!
Where is your farm? Ours in in Manji, but my twin sister and husband own about 4 down that way too - there's is the one we stayed at in the pics. Plenty of places to choose from!
I guess I'm a little unseasoned when it comes to caravan parks. The only ones (well, it's been about 3) that I have stayed at, were VERY busy (yep, at xmas time) and I did not enjoy it at all.
I'll definitely have to give them another go though.

Reactions: BUSH RANGER

MichaelB

Oct 22, 2014
Perth
Our farm is in between Bindoon and New Norcia. A little town (if you could call it that) named Wannamal. Lovely spot, right on the edge of the Darling scarp.. very good ground - we crop it each year so its a working farm - not that we do it full time, its more of a hobby.

I do enjoy CP's. There are times when its just "easy". Free camping can be challenging sometimes. We have not long come back from 2 weeks in the Pilbara/Ningaloo coast in the camper. Free camping in Karijini was great, but I did enjoy winding down in the CP at Coral Bay8-)

MichaelB

Oct 22, 2014
Perth
sorry @dagree I missed your question. At this stage ours is scheduled to come off the line on March 6. So by the time it gets here it will be late March....

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The big test will be when we go back to Busso for two weeks in Feb!!!!!! Usually fine that time of year!

OH hang on.... Can remember setting the tent up same time of year in 2011 while a cyclone followed us down the coast. Got the tent setup and protected. As soon as done the cyclone fizzled out and the rain stopped!

Tent Feb 2011.jpg
Two weeks later we had our first new/second hand expanda :)

Byl

Aug 5, 2014
Perth Hills, WA
That sounds nice, to only have to drive one and a half hours. I think ours takes about 4. It sounds really lovely!
How was ningaloo?? I really would like to get up there with the new van. Maybe winter next year.

Byl

Aug 5, 2014
Perth Hills, WA
The big test will be when we go back to Busso for two weeks in Feb!!!!!! Usually fine that time of year!

OH hang on.... Can remember setting the tent up same time of year in 2011 while a cyclone followed us down the coast. Got the tent setup and protected. As soon as done the cyclone fizzled out and the rain stopped!

View attachment 28574
Two weeks later we had our first new/second hand expanda :)
WOW!! you really DO attract the wet stuff!!

Reactions: dagree

MichaelB

Oct 22, 2014
Perth
Yes it is a lovely spot @Byl and handy being so close. Never seem to have enough time to get up there though!! And its starting to get to little too hot to think about going now. Spring is awesome there.

Ningaloo is a sensational place. I have been there a few times now. Would have to be one of my favourite places in WA. That and Eighty Mile beach... But Ningaloo, especially Turquoise Bay, probably wins :) Do yourself a favour... get up there!!

I see you have kids similar age to mine. Could be fun when we all get away. I will pre-warn you. My 5 year old is trouble with a capital T!