Our crusade towards the 18.57-5 OB

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi all
Been a while since I visited this excellent forum, but thought it was time for an update.
I got the new van about two months ago. However a wedding in between delivery and now has seen a decline in van activity.
You can be guaranteed that mods have started now and making up on lost expanda time.
Comparing the delivery of first expanda and this one I was more than impressed with the lack of issues that needed to be resolved with the new van. I hope that I can put this down to a better QA process when the van leaves the factory....
Will post some pics soon.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Hey Brad, I was wondering where you have been and it sounds like its been a busy 6 months. :juggle:

How have you have found the 18' compared to the 16'? I look forward to seeing some pics when you get a chance.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Howdy cruza.
If I talk about comfort then the 18 wins hands down. But probably morso because it is a full height van, less heat loss, toilet, shower etc. Storage wise, I now have a place for everything. Including the chairs and webber Q. So nothing travels on the floor of the van any more. But I had to do a mod to achieve that.
Driving wise, the simplicity suspension is excellent. However the van is massive compared to the 16 and you can definately feel it behind the car. I actually chipped the car for better performance from the pathie. And because it is the outback and sits a lot higher, you can definately feel it get caught in the wind. Once at speed though it drives well.

Buying a second expanda has meant we knew exactly what we wanted and what mods to do as part of delivery from Jayco.
So how can it be anything but perfect for us!!

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi Brad
Congratulations on your new van.
We got ours end of April and have had a couple of long weekends away. We love our van also. We didnt get the slide out and are regretting that a little but its a minor regret! The webber Q fits in boot...so does everything else. Greg got the extended drawbar and has had his tool box custom made and currently waiting for that to arrive so it can be fitted. The spare wheel is going on rear bumper. The cupboard space is awesome and I got the pantry outside bathroom in ours which I love.
I love the innerspring mattresses...so comfortable. The bathroom is absolutely fantastic but I dont have to tell you that lol..
Cheers Jenny

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi Jenny. Aren't they just awesome!!! Not biased at all.
Looks like you are about to do the same mods I just completed. Be interested to see what you come up with. Will post some pics over the weekend on our toolbox.
Brad