Our 2013 Landcruiser 200, time to move her on

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
@Holden_man go for the cruiser, after the Prado you would hate a ute chalk and cheese (god fancy me saying go for a cruiser lol)

Bloody hell @DRW I can't believe it.....go the cruiser, hope the jeep wasn't within hearing distance :)

I have to admit (but not buy) the new 200's are a far better proposition than the earlier ones...........

Reactions: dagree

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Had a hankering to try an led lightbar. The LF HIDs are fantastic but I have no spread. The LCs standard HID hi beam is damn good but when the chance came up for a cheap lightbar I thought I'd give one a go. The light bar is basic 20" but the brackets seem very good. I reckon it gives a bit more spread and about 20-25% more output than the standard Hi beam. What I did learn is the light bar needs to be extended right out from the bullbar or it whistles !

image.jpg
image.jpg

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
yeh the 200 can make you lazy in sand. We did a few sand tracks at North Head near Jurien Bay and didn't bother letting the tyres down as the 285's and mountain of torque made it almost unnecessary. Having said that I still haven't tackled soft sand dunes yet.

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
yeh the 200 can make you lazy in sand. We did a few sand tracks at North Head new Jurien Bay and didn't bother letting the tyres down as the 285's and mountain of torque made it almost unnecessary. Having said that I still haven't tackled soft sand dunes yet.
had to take my bonnet protector off it made a whistle really bad man at Toyota says it happens a lot

Reactions: dagree and peterg

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Mine doesn't whistle but them I'm a bit deaf as well......also I tend not exceed warp factor 5 either due to a little licensing issue 9 years ago!
it was between 80 and 100 taped up windscreen , bonnet , roof rails ,, around lights ,, wipers ,, still bloody whistled so rang Toyota 2 min job no whistle ahhhhhhhhhhhh heaven

Reactions: peterg and dagree

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
yeh the 200 can make you lazy in sand. We did a few sand tracks at North Head near Jurien Bay and didn't bother letting the tyres down as the 285's and mountain of torque made it almost unnecessary. Having said that I still haven't tackled soft sand dunes yet.
You best go now and tackle those sand dunes I'll wait hear till you get back

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Had a hankering to try an led lightbar. The LF HIDs are fantastic but I have no spread. The LCs standard HID hi beam is damn good but when the chance came up for a cheap lightbar I thought I'd give one a go. The light bar is basic 20" but the brackets seem very good. I reckon it gives a bit more spread and about 20-25% more output than the standard Hi beam. What I did learn is the light bar needs to be extended right out from the bullbar or it whistles !

View attachment 35735 View attachment 35736

a good spot to mount them is up under your roof rack
if its under the rack, you dont get the glare on the bonnet from them

just a thought

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
a good spot to mount them is up under your roof rack
if its under the rack, you dont get the glare on the bonnet from them

just a thought

Thought I heard somewhere in the last month or so that WA has banned roof mounted forward facing driving lights. Could be thinking of the wrong state..