Our 2013 Landcruiser 200, time to move her on

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey Jim,
How hard was it to install the diff drop? and (if you don't mind me asking) how much was the kit?

I made the kit myself and fitted with the mechanic whilst it was on the hoist. It's a bit of dicking around and I reckon with time I could change a few things but I was short on time. I still want to remove the bash plates and redo a few things. Instructions for the kit can be found on lcool. Again big thanks to Steve from lcool for providing the info

Reactions: bigman0510

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Job well done there Jim ..
Thanks BP it's certainly not finished but a big chunk of work done. I was always pi55ed it took me so long to get the Paj right and then I sold it ! This time around I wanted it close to done by 6mths .

jbell6660

Apr 30, 2011
Sydney
Hey Jim any problems showing up in your 200 at all?? Been reading about a few issues such as water pumps going early and oil usage. I'm hoping they were only issues on the early models as I am thinking of upgrading the Prado and have been really enjoying reading your posts.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Threw her on a weighbridge today.

Full tanks, bullbar, winch, lights, no rear seats, 1/2 barrier, ply base and fridge slide (no fridge). Came in at 3,000 kgs. 350kgs short of its factory GVM and 800kgs short of my uprated GVM. I wonder how many cruisers getting around towing are actually legal?

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
After reading this Jim I took mine over the weigh bridge and with full tank fuel, fridge, drawers, foxwing awning, roof rack, all recovery gear, steel bar+winch and me in the car came in at 3260kg so 90kg left for kids, Mrs, food and towball weight.

A call to the vehicle engineer and all you do is email rego and ARB receipt off to him and he drops around a new compliance and cough up $495, really this should be included automatically with a suspension upgrade.

Better being on the right side of the law and more importantly the insurance company.

Christian

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Great result Christian. Yeah should be included, over here ARB charge $330 but in NSW it can't be done after first Rego. Some other states are the same. WA allow it after . Is it a SA compliance plate or federal ?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Been a while since I updated this. Have made a start with the rear drawer etc and all the wiring is done. Been comtemplating whether to replace the GPS or persist. Contrary to what a lot post I don't mind the Toyota system, except for being unable to program while you drive. Decided to go a Hema for the reverse camera on Van and offroad mapping. But while researching found the Camps7 POI files avaiable for the Toyota system. So for the hige sum of $19.95 I downloaded the files. 3mins later, it all worked.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: Colsar

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
hey there nice work, where did you find the toyota POI camps7 for down load @ $19.95, i would be keen to give it ago if you wish to share that info?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
@achjimmy , where did you get the POI files? I have ditched the after market unit and gone back to the TOJO unit. I like the dump point guide, that would be very handy.

The wandering oz guy is a lcool member as well I think. Why'd you ditch the AM unit, you went digi options irrc?

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
The wandering oz guy is a lcool member as well I think. Why'd you ditch the AM unit, you went digi options irrc?

@achjimmy, i did have a Dig Options unit. It was a good unit, but at the end of the day i bought it on the basis on one function. It turned out not to have it. This was the ability to play DVD to rear headrest displays while playing radio / ipod to front. It seems you need 2 processers, they were quite common 2 years ago. With the recent drop in price of a lot of units this function was dropped.

So based on this, the unit was really only doing what the factory one was. So i managed to negotiate a refund. They were good about it, so if the need arose i would deal with them again. It was a good unit, but not worth the change.

I think the van camera in the HEMA ia a good move. The Dig unit had a front camera option, i made this the van. While a great idea, when using the camera, i needed to then turn it off to drive the stero. Then you go to the camera again. Then the phone rings, so you have to turn it off again, i only used it on one trip. It was painfull in the end so i went back the camera displayed on the mirror.

So now the stuff you loaded has good apeal to me, the POI stuff is great to have.

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks mate good read. Yeah I am going tp do a wire mod to allow the Toyota system to work while driving. Then get myself the hema 7 for van rear view, offroad mapping and thinking about wiring a front cam in for offroad work? Recently in the VHC I hit the bottom off a storm drain a little harder than I'd liked , no damage but the steepness of it would have been evident on a cam but it couldn't be seen over the bonnet and bar.

Reactions: TTBRIDGE