Our 18.57 Panda

Kingy

Apr 29, 2012
Cashmere, Brisbane
Hi all, we've had our panda for six weeks, first trip was from Brisbane to Calliope. very happy with the trip up and used a powered site and water (sisters place) for the five days which was great for us to get to know each other, no complaints however did have an airlock in the water which was a quick fix after all of your invaluable information on this site and love that iPad!!.
Trip home was great, no surprises with fuel consumption, the tug is a Toyota Prado (V6) which went really well, it has a lift kit so no stabilizers used and no problems with the load or movement, even when passing large trucks.
turning her around on the driveway was a nightmare the first time, went out and bought a single set of purple line van movers, fitted them myself in about six hours and what a difference!!!.

Second trip was to Noosa Northshore Wilderness Camp. fantastic spot and plenty of friendly caravaners to chat with. Decided to pick up a solar kit as the 100ma battery was down to 11.2v by the end of the weekend and got plenty of great advice on the subject, quite a few inspections of our slide out lounge and the electric awning. spent many hours chewing the. Fat and walking the beach and our teenage daughters loved it!!.
Whilst buying the solar (80ma) couldn't resist the duel water level gauge as well, fitted those this weekend and had a good look at the tanks whilst they were dropped for instillation of the sensors.

Over all very happy with the panda, have also swapped out the lighting to
LED's. Still battling with the bed end flys there has got to be a better way. Have taken to taking them off to roll them up and leave them in the van whilst traveling.
Heading back to Wilderness Camp next week end and then planning a visit to Neutrumm Creek Bush Retreat in June, looking forward to cranking up the camp oven and the digeredoo.
Will post some pics after the trip to Noosa as the panda is under covers on the driveway at the moment.

thanks for all of the tricks, techniques and advice over the past few months, whilst buying and now while setting her up, all has come together very well. the panda is a 2007 model and was well looked after by her previous owner, we are very fortunate!!!

Kingy

Apr 29, 2012
Cashmere, Brisbane
Forgot to add, we have also installed two new doors. Because we can't access the storage without dropping the bed end I have cut two new doors into the bed end, bought the laminate from Tingalpa and put the edge tape on after cutting to fit, makes it so much easier to get pillows and sleeping bags out after returning home.

jdonly1

Dec 7, 2011
Bairnsdale Vic
Sounds great
What problems are you having with the bed flies,ours stay on all the time,no need to pull them off and roll them up

Kingy

Apr 29, 2012
Cashmere, Brisbane
Find it painful to roll up privacy awnings whilst on the van (on my own). I take them off and roll them up on the ground.
We had a rapid several years ago which was a hard top and a lot easier, we did look at the rapid before buying the panda and the choice between the two over all was a no brainer, but I do miss the easy of folding away the bed ends.