14' Series Ordered a 14.44.4

kyoshofw05

Oct 1, 2011
Hillside 3037
Hi all campers ,

l have on order a 14.44.4 from Jayco in Geelong. Caravans are all new to me so please excuse my knowledge, with everything hand built there
are allways issues. Does anyone have thing to say about the HL 14.44.4? Any mods out there that l should do?

Cheers people.

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Hi kyosh we have a 14.44-4 also. you won't be disappointed by this great little van. ours will be going in for it's first service soon and will have a bit of warranty work done at the same time. all of us 14 owners keep a close watch on moto's thread, there is always something interesting going on in there. :)

Reactions: kyoshofw05

kyoshofw05

Oct 1, 2011
Hillside 3037
Thanks boots l cant wait to pick it up, what sort of things u getting fix for warranty? How does the territory tow? I have a 07 model, do u use weight bars?

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome k!

I fine choice of van indeed:thumb:

We love our little van, i see many benefits in this model. Very similar in length to the Jayco campers but sooooooo much easier to live out of. Road side stops are a breeze now.

We had a few warranty issues as ours was in the first run of this model. All sorted now (including a leaking roof.......I hope!).

One main thing to check is the number plate on the back if you have opted for a bike rack. If you are from NSW, it is illegally placed and we had ours moved under warranty.

Other than that, sit back enjoy the forum, it helps pass the time. They are a great bunch the expanda lot:yo:

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Thanks boots l cant wait to pick it up, what sort of things u getting fix for warranty? How does the territory tow? I have a 07 model, do u use weight bars?

Most of the warranty items are pretty minor stuff... a draw that wont stay closed, the tv aerial socket pushed out of its holder, a cupboard hinge that lost its pin. The only item that had me a bit concerned is the front hard lid over the bed, we noticed it has a lot of deep scratches caused by a a power buff, I have talked to the dealer and they seem happy to replace it if it cant be fixed. The terry tows the 14 with ease and plenty of power to spare, I have air bag helpers fitted to the rear springs and these have done a good job of levelling the van up... However I feel the van does sway a little now and then on some of the back roads we have been on so will be getting a WDH and fitting that to see if it improves the ride.

kyoshofw05

Oct 1, 2011
Hillside 3037
Thanks boots and moto for that :yo:
Moto with the the bike rank have you got one of those folding aluminium ones that bolt to the back of the van? are they secure?

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Thanks boots and moto for that :yo:
Moto with the the bike rank have you got one of those folding aluminium ones that bolt to the back of the van? are they secure?

I have the same rack fitted as well and am very happy with it. it fits very close to the body though so i found it best to remove a peddle and twist the handlebar of the bike closest to the van. have a look here for a pic http://www.expandasdownunder.com/showthread.php/321-First-trip-done-and-dusted?highlight=bike+rack

kyoshofw05

Oct 1, 2011
Hillside 3037
Thanks boots, l have added more things to the order,
One was the bike rack, is there now having the van u wished
U added when u ordered it? Cheers buddy

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
hi kyosh, join the panda cue, mines comin december with santa, because i still believe in him. I'm hopin for a newish 4B as well, but grasshopper needs to learn more patience.. welcome again from a Queenslander, love Geelong, nice spot, matt