Off to Page Brothers Jayco...

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Well tomorrow is the day.... we head back for some warranty issues to be resolved, number one on the list the terrible and faulty (as far as i see it) inner spring mattresses, we hope to be back on foam soon.
The other biggie, the height, we asked and were told it was the same height as the eagle we had and its 3" lower so looking for an axel under conversion here, not sure of the chances but will discuss vigorously...:argue:
mis aligned door, some faulty cupboard and draw latches, poor dust sealing, not hot enough hot water and a few other minor things.
We have always foune Page Bros to be very good so time will tell here!!:fencing:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Good luck with the warrenty issues.
I too don't really like the innerspring mattresses, will be interested to see how things go with you on that issue.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Thanks all, seems they have deemed the mattress issues a warranty item! they also felt that the hard on one side soft on the other was not right!! Whooo Hooo, the only problem is they want to replace it with another inner spring... they apparantly dont do a foam for them anymore, the inner is standard.
They did say that they have some at Page Bros themselves and we could work something out, they are still looking inot the height of the suspension but i am not holding too much hope there.
Will update later,
:gossip:

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yep... Thought they would replace it. I have wondered if the way these Jayco outlets work when it comes to replacing parts is that they may have an agreement back with the factory to simply be reimbursed for any faulty parts.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Paul,
I hope they dont take the matresses out of another van as my 16.49.4 is sitting there waiting to be picked up.

Greg
Well i hope they dont do that too! I have asked for foam not spring so i will have to wait and see, if innerspring is the only option i will chuck them anyway and have a good foam made by John on the forum who is an Upholsterer and does magic things with items to suit vans!
cheers

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Yep... Thought they would replace it. I have wondered if the way these Jayco outlets work when it comes to replacing parts is that they may have an agreement back with the factory to simply be reimbursed for any faulty parts.
I get the feeling Brad that the big well known Jayco dealers like Page, Bayswater and Geelong have a fairly open slather to do most things without asking Jayco HQ, i think they would feel for the cost its better to keep the customers happy...
Cheers

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
What exactly was wrong with the mattress Paul?
Both of the mattresses have a soft side and a hard side, the large piece is hard and the smaller piece thats on the inside edge is soft so for the person that is sleeping on the inside position pretty much right on to of the zipper has half hard, half soft and its like sleeping on a step with an uncomfortable zip in your back, even with a mattress topper it was quite pronounced.
We had to buy a 100mm mattress from Clarke rubber when the Alice Springs to put on top of it just to get some decent shut eye!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Both of the mattresses have a soft side and a hard side, the large piece is hard and the smaller piece thats on the inside edge is soft so for the person that is sleeping on the inside position pretty much right on to of the zipper has half hard, half soft and its like sleeping on a step with an uncomfortable zip in your back, even with a mattress topper it was quite pronounced.
We had to buy a 100mm mattress from Clarke rubber when the Alice Springs to put on top of it just to get some decent shut eye!

Sounds nasty! We have had some mattress trouble too. What colour is the mattress?

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Well a further update, they told me at page Bros today that they had to have someone from Jayco come and look at the mattresses and they concluded that they were faulty. i think since they have gone into massproduction of these and made them standard they have had issues.
I will give the new ones a crack with the egg shell topper on the couple of days away in a week or so but if i have the toss and turn like the last time they may go on the camp fire!!!

bellabelinda1976

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Paul, This may be of interest to you. We purchased a Jayco Expanda this year and basically dumped the Jayco Mattresses at Baywater Jayco and told them that they were crap quality and of no comparison to the foam mattress we had in our 2010 model. We have fought them and were just given acheque as goodwill. I think if everyone stops just "accepting" the shitty quality of these mattresses it will force Jayco to do something about it. You should ring Jayco head office and follow this through...We outsourced our own mattresses and went to Beds Direct in Eppling. They were brilliant. Hope this helps

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Hi Paul, This may be of interest to you. We purchased a Jayco Expanda this year and basically dumped the Jayco Mattresses at Baywater Jayco and told them that they were crap quality and of no comparison to the foam mattress we had in our 2010 model. We have fought them and were just given acheque as goodwill. I think if everyone stops just "accepting" the shitty quality of these mattresses it will force Jayco to do something about it. You should ring Jayco head office and follow this through...We outsourced our own mattresses and went to Beds Direct in Eppling. They were brilliant. Hope this helps

We have had a few nights on the new inner spring ones and all is well at this point!
Glad to hear you sorted your out too!!