17' Series No longer swaning around...

SP4RKI

Jan 13, 2013
Arcadia, NSW
Hi Everyone,
After being away at Christmas last year in our Outback Swan I couldn't help checking out every Expanda I wandered past..... Maybe a little tragic.....
Quietly starting searching for one whilst we away on the IPad and pointing them out to the wife as we wandered around.
Within 1 month of coming home from holidays, the Swan was sold and we had purchased the Expanda from another member on the site!
Had the maiden voyage on our Anzac Day long weekend and absolutely loved the luxury!
I've already got so much info from the forum, and can't wait to make some of it happen on our van.
Thanks everyone,
Cheers Trent.

Reactions: Stan53

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey SP4RKI, that's great, best bit is that you thought of the misses and got the en-suite version, nicely played there!!!!

Q: hows does the VW go towing? Asking as the SWMBO likes them, so in the future might be an option for misses and I.

Cheers Pace.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
:welcome: sparki, thats how it begins, seeing what everyone else has :rolleyes-88: I wouldn't call it tragic I would call it research

:tea:

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Great move SP4RKI, you must be loving the upgrade to Expanda! Where did you go for the first trip?
Tell me, is that your Mrs Sp4rki I've seen lurking in the background lately?

SP4RKI

Jan 13, 2013
Arcadia, NSW
Hi Pace,
We used to tow our old Swan with a Captiva, and frankly it felt like the loaded swan pushed the car around!
Since upgrading to the Amarok, I'm loving it... It feels like I'm back in control and it tows beautifully.
I also got An EZYlift WDH with the purchase, but not sure if I'm even going to bother with it.
I tried all the other crewcab vehicle options and just felt the Amarok was most car like to drive, and had all the little luxuries we wanted for touring..... Oh, and I suppose for work too.
Cheers.

SP4RKI

Jan 13, 2013
Arcadia, NSW
Hi Lara,
Our first trip was just down to Shoalhaven Heads and we had a great time.
Great park, great facilities and perfect weather.

As for Mrs Sp4rki...... Yes, that's her lurking around.
I think her comment was "If you can't beat em, I may as well join em!"
Although, it seems you have already had some influence on her..... She was in Bunnings today ringing me and telling me about boxes, carpet tiles, etc.
Yet another comment she made.... "What else has Lara done, she's got plenty of good ideas!"
I have a feeling your good ideas are going to cost us along the way!
We have already bought the bed end flys from Holiday Annexes and the next job is the bed conversion to the twin split mattress. The innerspring mattress is RUBBISH!

Looking forward to many good times away.... Cheers!

Reactions: Xpandafan and Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi Lara,
Our first trip was just down to Shoalhaven Heads and we had a great time.
Great park, great facilities and perfect weather.

As for Mrs Sp4rki...... Yes, that's her lurking around.
I think her comment was "If you can't beat em, I may as well join em!"
Although, it seems you have already had some influence on her..... She was in Bunnings today ringing me and telling me about boxes, carpet tiles, etc.
Yet another comment she made.... "What else has Lara done, she's got plenty of good ideas!"
I have a feeling your good ideas are going to cost us along the way!
We have already bought the bed end flys from Holiday Annexes and the next job is the bed conversion to the twin split mattress. The innerspring mattress is RUBBISH!

Looking forward to many good times away.... Cheers!

Good on MRS SP4RKI, we can plan and mod together! Plus great to get the female numbers up!
When you're ready to do the custom mattress mod let me know, there's a few little tips and tricks when measuring up for both the carpentry and mattresses. You're welcome to come and check out ours first if that helps!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome Trent seeing as you bought off a member i hope they have left you some mods to do to make it really your expanda!

SP4RKI

Jan 13, 2013
Arcadia, NSW
Welcome Trent seeing as you bought off a member i hope they have left you some mods to do to make it really your expanda!
Thanks 17triton, we picked your van up when it was only 6 months old. So, the previous owner hadn't really had a chance to do any mods.... But the list for me is growing!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome SP4RKI. Nice move up. Glad you found us and look forward to your contributions. Be interested to see how Mrs S goes with all the mods under Lara's expert guidance. At least it'll be easier to get into Bunnings to check out the bargains!