Newish member - thank you everyone

ChantalB

Jan 10, 2012
Erina,Central Coast NSW
Hi All,

I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago and just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has so patiently answered all my questions. So to give you an update......

We are a family of 5 - husband and myself, 2 boys aged 5 and 2 and little girl who is 7 months and are very happy to report that we have finally purchased a 2011 16.49-1 outback expanda. We ended up buying one privately that is only 6 months old and has been used twice. Had all the main extras we were after - air con, rollout awning, 150L fridge (very happy about this), extra gas bottle holder, external gas bayonet, privacy screens, extra lights and power points and I may have forgotten a few lol. So all going well we will pick up the van on the last weekend in Jan and it will be ready to use in Feb for our planned trips to Port Macquarie and Huskisson beach.

Will post photos once we have it in our hot little hands and in the meantime I am just trawling through old threads and learning so much. This is such a great site and has so much information it, it's amazing. So thank you everyone for not only answering my questions but sharing all your knowledge so that the uninformed like me can learn!

Look forward to maybe meeting some members out on the road sometime

Chantal

Reactions: stuartcarr2002

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Congratulations Chantal and family!!
Sounds like a great rig for sure. And based on your previous questions, a well judged purchase also.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Another 16 49 to join the forum. We are going to be the leader on this forum, finally time to beat the 17 footers :)

Congrates on your purchase. Great find.

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
welcome chantal
you will love your new van
im yet to read anywhere that someone says they dont like it.
this is also a great forum for info.
cheers jim-tab and diamond

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
well done Chantel. I'm happy the forum was able to help you with your questions and decisions. Enjoy the van.
Andrew