Newcastle Knights 16.49-1 Outback

Feb 1, 2012
Well the date for pick up has been set. We had to put it back a week as I was away most of this week and will be away in Melbourne for the first half of next week so the day of delivery is now set down for 1 June 2012.

So with the impending arrival of our Expanda, who for no particular reason has been named "Bridget" I thought I may as well start my very own thread in the "My Expanda" Thread.

So not may pictures as yet only the few I have taken of her in the yard so stay tuned for more to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Our Jayco 1.JPG
    Our Jayco 1.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 342
  • Our Jayco.JPG
    Our Jayco.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 358
  • Our Jayco 3.JPG
    Our Jayco 3.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 340
Feb 1, 2012
Nah been warned off by the wife....lol. In all seriousness I can't get there today and I'm off to Melbourne at sparrows fart in the morning so giving it a miss this year.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Nah been warned off by the wife....lol. In all seriousness I can't get there today and I'm off to Melbourne at sparrows fart in the morning so giving it a miss this year.

No worries, we're going tomorrow (weather permitting) havn't been for a couple of years. If you were thought we could of said g'day....maybe another time!

Cheers.

Feb 1, 2012
Well we took delivery of the Expanda on Friday. Unfortunately the weather was average and has been so most of the weekend so we have not been able to do a lot of exploration over the Expanda but we are very happy with our purchase. We had a great hand over and Geoff at Jayco at Hexham spent lots of time with us and made sure we knew everything about our new purchase.

The workshop guys were also great, they put the 12pin plug onto the tug for us and as we already had power running to an Anderson Plug via an isolator they hot wired the 12 pin plug for the fridge whilst they were going.

It was only a short drive home but it towed like a dream. Here are a few pictures with more to come. Our first trip is not until 22/6/12 so will have more of an idea of things by then.

This weekend I will put the batteries in and hopefully get time to pack everything else into as well.

IMG_0374.jpgIMG_0375.jpgIMG_0367.jpgIMG_0368.jpgIMG_0369.jpgIMG_0370.jpgIMG_0371.jpgIMG_0372.jpgIMG_0373.jpg

Feb 1, 2012
Gave the Expanda its first weekend away last weekend. We stayed close to home camping at Lemon Tree Passage at Port Stephens. http://koala-shores-holiday-park.nsw.big4.com.au/

It was basically a weekend just to kick back and given that the weather was very cool that was about all you could do. There were a number of families who came to help christen our Expanda and we ended up with seven other families in caravans and camper trailers to join our weekend away.

Everything in the van appeared to work well so thats a bonus. Towing was great although I think I am going to notice the increase in fuel usage over a long trip.

Not many pictures as of yet but here is one and I will put some more on when I get close to the laptop.

Attachments

• lemon tree.JPG
    lemon tree.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 297
Feb 1, 2012
Okay so been a little while since I have been on to update the Expanda. As you may know from another thread I decided to add the canvas flys available from Holiday Annexes in the Hunter Valley.

We used these in anger a couple of weeks ago at Stockton Caravan Park and the worked a treat. I would highly recommend getting the PVC pieces for the main window as these allow natural light into the van no matter the conditions.

Canvas ends.jpg

The Stockton weekend was an opportunity to iron out any issues prior to heading off to Tasi in early September and of course it gave us the chance to put the annex up to make sure that it was all there. We have a porch that can be used at either the front or rear of the annex but did not put it up for such a short weekend.

Annex.jpg

Feb 1, 2012
I have also attached a Toylok to the front draw bar. This will have a variety of uses but will be hand to keep the bikes secure overnight when we are in van parks.

Toylok.jpg

toylok1.jpg

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
Hi NK,

I did not know that toy locks existed. Have you ever had an issue loosing items? I have used a plastic covered cable and pad lock when we used to go away with our swan, but I only use it on the first night or so, then not bother from then on. I may also just be too trusting!
By the way, top looking van. I love the bed end enclosures.

Feb 1, 2012
Hi Feldty, I too used to use what you used. I was just somewhere one day and saw the toyloks and thought why not.....lol

You can also attach them to wall in your garage or outside of the home somewhere and they come in two sizes.

We personally have only ever lost a esky full of grog however, caravan parks on the NSW coast are renowned for things going walking. It is usually the locals that do the thieving so I guess the toylok is just a bit of insurance.

Feb 1, 2012
Yesterday I had my solar angel installed. I now have a 150watt panel on the roof. I will post some pics when I get on a pc or laptop.