New Work N Play Model

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Sorry got no pics.... Yet, but "apparently" there is a new work N play model coming out this year in a 14ft version, single axle WTF. I was speaking to a friend who lives in Melb and he told me this, "apparently" its going to be on display and the caravan show in March. I will be interesting to see the layout, never going to buy one but interested never the less. Anyone got some pics?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Sorry got no pics.... Yet, but "apparently" there is a new work N play model coming out this year in a 14ft version, single axle WTF. I was speaking to a friend who lives in Melb and he told me this, "apparently" its going to be on display and the caravan show in March. I will be interesting to see the layout, never going to buy one but interested never the less. Anyone got some pics?

I love the work n play concept and even thought about one a little because the back is like a "children's retreat" bedroom leaving the front to the adults.

Problem is it wasn't pop top der! It would encourage me to buy more toys to put in it! And as my BIL pointed out he could stand the petrol smell of the toys in the back, which I hadn't considered but would drive me spare.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I like them and have been down to Jayco a couple of times to take a look :spy: The main think like Jim said is no pop top.

I would look at the toilets shower mdl but there also isn't much storage in them for a van that size in regards to cupboard space in the living area (kitchen)

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Found the 14ft layout for anyone who is interested:
worknplay.JPG

but I am a bit confused, it says payload of 600kg but when you look closer on the same brochure is says the following:

worknplayload.JPG

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
I was originally looking at a work 'n' play OB with the toilet/shower model when choosing my upgrade from the dove and liked the whole diversity of being able to place bike kayaks/surf boards etc in the rear of the van and also the use of the rear door as cover and expanding the whole living area and to be honest I was very torn between that and our current 16.49-3 but like you said CD there was very limited space for cupboard space and the kitchen size was pretty average so the wife wasn't too happy with the way that the whole van was setup and as they say "Happy wife happy life" Other than that they are attractive units and i would be very interested in what the 14 models can offer compared to the current size dual axle models.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
When I was looking at the original work n play last month the salesman said the payload was 600kg. So it would be interesting to know what the single axle actual payload is.

My XR 400 weighs around 120kg so there goes nearly half the 300kg straight away.

MMMM I might take a look anyway :smile: it would be good to sqeeze in a shower toilet...........maybe they should make a 16' too :director:

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
Like the rest of the broachers for the other Jayco range it’s probably a typo/not really looking at what they are updating etc sort of like the Fuel Jerry issue they had with the expandas if I can recall correctly it was printed as an standard however when you went to order it the dealers said it wasn't included because of a printing mistake.... along those lines, but a 16Ft model would be the way to go especially for people with dirt bikes as the 300kg carrying payload is really pretty average considering the cash your paying, and the amount of awesome toys some people have now days.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh yet :spy:

By looking at the kitchen area/bench space in the layout the living area looks on the small side am I correct? I'd like to go check one out though

165kg on the ball seems high too? maybe because it is a short van