20' Series New van questions

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Its been a while since I have posted on here ( just bought a new van so was looking at the posts). Its Ok buying a Landcruiser but beware their payload is not much unless you have upgraded it. On a recent visit to a caravan show we attended a talk on towing and basically once your van is attached you will be lucky to have enough payload left to fit the passengers in.

Reactions: Crusty181

carco

Jan 20, 2019
Gympie
The eternal dilemma. Buy a 200 series with tons of grunt but easy to top out on GVM when ball weight is considered.
GCM of 3.5 t is easy to reach once the goodies are loaded into a 20' van too.
Might want to look into a converter lock up kit as well or it's never going to see locked 6th when towing.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The eternal dilemma. Buy a 200 series with tons of grunt but easy to top out on GVM when ball weight is considered.
GCM of 3.5 t is easy to reach once the goodies are loaded into a 20' van too.
Might want to look into a converter lock up kit as well or it's never going to see locked 6th when towing.

If a vehicle has a GCM of 3.5t then I doubt you would tow anything........(I know you meant ATM) ..................simply maths shows that a tow cap of 3.5 t mostly means you can really only tow 2.8 if your tug is loaded to the gunwhales and if you want to tow at the max then you haven't bought the right vehicle for your lumbering big van.

Reactions: Boots in Action

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
If a vehicle has a GCM of 3.5t then I doubt you would tow anything........(I know you meant ATM) ..................simply maths shows that a tow cap of 3.5 t mostly means you can really only tow 2.8 if your tug is loaded to the gunwhales and if you want to tow at the max then you haven't bought the right vehicle for your lumbering big van.
I’m doing all the same sums at the moment.