New van ordered

AndrewC

Mar 20, 2013
Murrumba Downs, Brisbane
Got the van and started the trip home. Few things to sort out but everything is great and loving it. Here is a pic for now. I'll post some more in a few days when I get home and get everything sorted.

image.jpg

AndrewC

Mar 20, 2013
Murrumba Downs, Brisbane
Interested in your pics and review @AndrewC looking at replacing our 18 this year, and these guys were on my list to look at....
We would need a bunk version as well.

Going away for the first time this weekend so will get some good pictures and reviews during the weekend.

We have done a few little mods over the last week but not too much as most things were already optioned up from the factory.

It's nice to have all our gear back in a van again and know where everything is!

Reactions: bigcol

AndrewC

Mar 20, 2013
Murrumba Downs, Brisbane
First family overnighter done and have to say, could not fault anything, nothing!

The van tows well and can handle the extra speed when you need to boot it to get around other cars. It is not light on the draw bar but in saying that, it's not over the maximum of 350kg. For me, that is perfect as a heavy draw bar make for more stability at speed.

The shower has to be the best feature. Two adults could fit in it if you wanted. Not many vans can claim this. This makes it awesome for shower time with kids.

The bunks are kids bunks, not adults, but this is much the same on most vans, hence why they are called family models, not "your mates" models!

The hot water is fast and HOT and there is good water pressure and water capacity with 3 water tanks underneath. The Truma has heater is mint on a cold night and the fully auto satellite, auto 1800w xantrex inverter are a sweet combo for the foxtel on a wet rainy night.

We went with 600w of solar, 360ah of batteries, 45A solar regulator, and a 60A 240v charger. We also also went for a 40A redarc DC-DC charger. Finally we have an RVD for extra protection when on generator power. With all that, we have the power covered well enough plus some to run the Waeco compressor fridge.

AV system is a ripper with 2 internal TV locations and one external all with triple RCAs to each to allow sound and video to feed either to or from the fusion iPod/DVD system.

Didn't get a picture of it but there is a generator slide in the front tool box and it slides out a door on the end for quick access.

The stainless steel BBQ assembly was built by me after I purchased one of the Aussie sizzler BBQs which I have wanted for years after being disappointed with my weber baby Q. I hope the colt followers don't shoot me for saying that!

On The Move have standard floor plans but you can also do anything extra your mind can imagine. Yes extras cost extra but it not excessive like some companies.

The options of internal colours and finishes are endless. This van could have come in the regular metal clad but we preferred the smooth look which can also come in white.

My only regret is not getting one sooner. These things look so good, I had people wanting to shake my hand on the weekend and congratulate me on how good it looked, what the hell!!

Yes they cost more then jaycos but if you option up a jayco to the spec of what we have, the price would not be that much different

Do yourself a favour and check them out if your looking to upgrade. The storm is the middle of the off-road range, with the traxx being the cheaper less options model and the grenade/vortex being their premier off-road models.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
" The stainless steel BBQ assembly was built by me after I purchased one of the Aussie sizzler BBQs which I have wanted for years after being disappointed with my weber baby Q. I hope the colt followers don't shoot me for saying that! "

I really like your new van it looks great. However, the above comment really grabbed my attention and like yourself I do not want to start a BBQ war. I am trying to decide between a Baby Q which has many supporters and appears to be a good BBQ and the Aussie sizzler deluxe #2 with the high lid at $399 plus the optional cooking rack ($50) and maybe the spit roast ($140). The Aussie is a bit dearer, but Australian made with 2 burners, about the same weight as the Baby Q and seems more versatile than the Weber.

I am very interested with your experiences with the Aussie. Also I hope you can tell me what were the main problems with the Baby Q without starting a BBQ War.

Reactions: bigcol