New van ... no questions!

Bugeye

Jul 26, 2012
Northside Sydney
Gday all
Other than my recent split system Air Cond. question... I have found all the answers to the normal questions I wanted to ask before ordering an expanda somewhere on this forum!
Have just ordered a 17.56.2OB ... now just have to wait till November to get it!
Have recently sold a modified Eagle outback that we bought new 5 years ago ... now the next step is the expanda.
Now back to the forum to see Mods people have done.
What a great site ... and friendly people.
cheers
John

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Bugeye - I dont know if you have done your final sign off but if you havent this might help.

We put extra power points in under both tables which have proved invaluable. The kids stuff all has a charger these days!

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Yep the extra pp are useful.

Other things I wouldn't change were:

150 ltr fridge
2 gas bayonets (seems to be a problem now)
Annex walls
Battery and drop jacks which are standard on the OB

Great van with growing family.

Enjoy mate!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Yep the extra pp are useful.

Other things I wouldn't change were:

150 ltr fridge
2 gas bayonets (seems to be a problem now)
Annex walls
Battery and drop jacks which are standard on the OB

Great van with growing family.

Enjoy mate!

I love the 150L fridge, glad we upgraded. I cannot believe how good it is on gas so far. Very happy with it and the door opening catch is easier on the 150 than the 90.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
G'day John, hope your experience is a pleasurable one! Good luck with everything and enjoy!

Cheers.

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
G'Day John
Only new to the site as well and very informative with mods and advise. We are Hanging out like yourself until we get our's as well
Cheers Glenn

Bugeye

Jul 26, 2012
Northside Sydney
Gday Glenn
Good to know we are not waiting on our own!
It is exciting / frustrating ... but I am busying myself with planning changes / mods to the Jayco wiring to accomodate the way we camp and use solar for extended stays. Already bought some of the bits in readiness and more to come.
cheers

morg3718

Aug 10, 2011
Mount Eliza Victoria
G'Day all
I to am like bugeye - waiting for a new van.

Sold the 14.44.3 about six weeks ago and finalised the order for a 14.44.5 two weeks ago.
I have been told expected arrival 2 or 3 December, so will wait and see.
I will have to wait for the delivery to determine what mods will be required as the sales people seem to be in the dark about whether the van will come with LEDS, fan on the bed section light, etc.

Time will tell

Ray

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
G'day fellow waiters Ray and Bugeye - I'm first week of December too. There's only another week to change the order - its so nerve racking! Are the colours right, should I have put shelves in the robe, more PPs ..... its driving me insane

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
G'day fellow waiters Ray and Bugeye - I'm first week of December too. There's only another week to change the order - its so nerve racking! Are the colours right, should I have put shelves in the robe, more PPs ..... its driving me insane

Hi Albo. Just enjoy it, that's the fun part!