New ute

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Should get a lock up kit if there good for your car works a treat the pentalnd hills going to ballarat 110 at the bottom 110 at the top diddnt drop out of 5th just a constant pull up makes a world of diffrance

Reactions: mfexpanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
new tyres are on the agenda .
the rear drivers original has become unroadworthy , left rear worn bad but just ok, after 30,000 Ks mostly towing .
42psi cold pressure and the tread has worn badly
wont be buying them again .
Went to have the tyres balanced and rotated while we were in Bundy and the spare had to go on

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Something in a LT, P's and XL's wear too quickly with lots of towing, I was going for some Dueller 697's LTs for my Colorado as the next set of shoes but sold it before, Jeep now has Geolanders in LT the P rated ones wore away quickly towing but last year they brought 18" jobs out in LT. seem very good so far........... pay3 get 4 is my style of deal.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Something in a LT, P's and XL's wear too quickly with lots of towing, I was going for some Dueller 697's LTs for my Colorado as the next set of shoes but sold it before, Jeep now has Geolanders in LT the P rated ones wore away quickly towing but last year they brought 18" jobs out in LT. seem very good so far........... pay3 get 4 is my style of deal.
@Drover mine are 18" as well 265 60 18R i might try something in 265 70 18R

Reactions: Drover

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
What did you have on previously?

Not sure if you recall, but as also suggested by @Drover, but the Rock Truck had two sets of 697's over it's life. Not sure of the current prices, but at the ~$220/tyre I got, I reckon brilliant bit value. Highly recommended. Unfortunately they don't come in the right size for Big Foot so I'll be looking elsewhere. Falken Wildpeak's currently at the top of the list.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Its finding an 18 in LT thats the size you want/need at a decent price, that's the difficult part...saw some very nice rubber but dooley at $420 each, a special price for me was scary on one set I liked......a Yoky XAS...

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
What did you have on previously?

Not sure if you recall, but as also suggested by @Drover, but the Rock Truck had two sets of 697's over it's life. Not sure of the current prices, but at the ~$220/tyre I got, I reckon brilliant bit value. Highly recommended. Unfortunately they don't come in the right size for Big Foot so I'll be looking elsewhere. Falken Wildpeak's currently at the top of the list.
smergen
the currant are the original bridgestones that came with the car .Tyrepower in Bundy suggested Toyo 1 size up that had a higher load capacity
looks like anywhere from $300 to $400 each

Reactions: Drover and Smergen

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
the currant are the original bridgestones

I tried to find something but failed.......................... something like this...
1628147398382.png
...... Currants......

.looking like this..............
1628147458866.png
............. so Currants are not be made into tyres because Mr Google can't find them............. ( A bit of mild humour to keep Morale up ) .................. ( my son is in Birdsville and I'm not , bustard child well he's 40 but still, sorry off topic.)...............

• Haha

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I tried to find something but failed.......................... something like this...View attachment 67298...... Currants......

.looking like this..............View attachment 67299............. so Currants are not be made into tyres because Mr Google can't find them............. ( A bit of mild humour to keep Morale up ) .................. ( my son is in Birdsville and I'm not , bustard child well he's 40 but still, sorry off topic.)...............
i need a bunch of them nor do i want to wine

• Haha
Reactions: Drover

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
the colorado now has a IDRIVE fitted
it doesn't give you any more KW but it does quicken the response no lag at all and boy does it go in U9

im leaving it in auto
dont know if i'll still need it when i get the remap hopefully not too far away

Reactions: Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
it doesn't give you any more KW but it does quicken the response no lag at all and boy does it go in U9

im leaving it in auto
Makes my cruiser fly it's soooooo good I've heard it said they don't do a lot but I really disagree in my car it's pretty good I have it on 3 that's more than enough
I changed my remap deleted it .....it was tuned to the Max bit to full on I now have a Recurve unit stays within safe parameters of your car a few different modes power ... towing ..... detune for slower driving like kids learning to drive or 4x4ing ......eco.....and the standed tune I'm very happy with mine car is running very smooth it likes it and so do I I run mine in power lol it goes alright ..... better than a single tune I reckon

Last edited:

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh

im leaving it in auto
What's the "lag" you speak off? :)

The remap really helped our Collie when we had it. Keep it conservative and you'll be right!

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hi @Drover
i have maxxis AT980 on my RC colorado great tyres
im leaning towards Maxxis RAZR AT811 265 70 18R

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Be interesting to see how they go, I wore a set of Maxxis out quickly but I don;t think they were LT, did like them though.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

im leaving it in auto
Leaving mine in dumb down 7, then turning it off to tow. It gives the perception of a lesser power loss under the van load

• Haha