New ute

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Sorry mate, been a while since I've been on... Love the new wheels. Black... not surprising...

Can't wait to see it. It'll tow the Palace without issue I suspect.

As for the catch can... I've got the HPD one mate. It's a nice bit of kit, purpose built and designed to fit. Pricey but simple, efficient and even a nuff nuff like me could install it.

Reactions: 17triton

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Sorry mate, been a while since I've been on... Love the new wheels. Black... not surprising...

Can't wait to see it. It'll tow the Palace without issue I suspect.

As for the catch can... I've got the HPD one mate. It's a nice bit of kit, purpose built and designed to fit. Pricey but simple, efficient and even a nuff nuff like me could install it.
Thanks Smergen
Where did you pickup the HPD one from ?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Cheers mate.
Will this have any impact on my warranty?
If you had a Toyota it would, as would a secondary fuel filter .... re fitting them, the jury is still out over in the Sth East and whilst I don't actually have car the decision isn't critical at this point

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Whatever is said if you have diesel, common rail and it has an EGR then the catch can is most important, mine collects about 250ml of oil every 10,000km' I dump it when I service the engine (10K) , this oil would otherwise go into the combustion chamber as hot oily air which in itself is not a drama BUT when mixed with the Dry, Sooty exhaust from the EGR system it mixes in the manifold and turns into a gooey tar which in time will slowly choke your engine, looks like those anti smoking adds with the tar filled lungs ..................Having seen the insides of manifolds and helped to clean them, fit a catch can......................... fitting one won't cause any warranty break downs but not having one could........Since I'm unable to shut down the EGR valve on mine the manifold is coated with dry soot which I clean out every so often with some spray stuff, could shut down the EGR but not going for a remap or anything.

I would go the Provent Unit for the Colorado then you can drain it easy enough without removal, fitted my can where the horn used to live.

Toyota's are so good and reliable that they only change the fuel filter when the dash light comes on, fat lot of good if your back of Bourke or somewhere and it stops, warranty servicing isn't all its cracked up to be ....

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
The utes looking great @mfexpanda . You haven't put on those crappy number plates you had on the old one???
Funny you should ask
image.jpg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Towed the van to Ballarat last Thursday, very windy, all up hill and I must say it did it very easy.
But the standard suspension is too floaty for me in that type of cross wind.
Didn’t seem too bad coming back on the Friday when there wasn’t the same wind.
But should be better after the up grade.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It will be way better, mine was, make sure you have greasable pins on the rear ...... I actually wished I had put rubber bushes on the front instead of the poly ones, they don't absorb anything....but all history now.

Reactions: mfexpanda