Sterling New (to us) Sterling

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
What a week, sold the Expanda on Monday, roadworthy cost $1500 due to the tyres being destroyed on the Cameron Corner trip, oh well. Bought a second hand Sterling today, all good just a bit hectic for an old bloke! I actually feel a little guilty being on an Expanda forum and all. I made $250 on the change over but that will soon be gone with change of rego and modifications etc :(
IMG_0789.jpg

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Looks good, I am sure you will enjoy not folding beds out etc. What mods so you want to do and is it a layout you were looking for? Doesn't look too old!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Nothing wrong with being a 'grey nomad' @DRW. Glad it all came together for you and I'm sure you will enjoy the benefits of the Sterling even allowing for the lesser room.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Thanks for the positive messages guys, we found the beds in the Expanda a little awkward at times and only the 2 of us at home now. Yep all for an island bed, same size as the 17:56.2 we sold so probably wont notice anything differend in towing etc. @Billrw136 I did the sums and it was going to be too expensive, then I played with Mr Google and this is the result and @BigSkiddy looks like I will never be a grey nomad lol

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
@DRW, looks like a great spot Dave. Quick question, I notice your side screen is out at a fair angle, how close would it be to the ground is it was straight down (vertical). The reason I ask is that we were given a Coast to Coast one with our new van but if it is vertical it is nearly half a metre off the ground. Damned near useless.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Hi Paul (@chartrock )
We are currently having custome sides made, there is aguy here at the park with his trailer setup to make mesh screens!! Having our roller drum at 2 metres from the ground the Coast to Coast screen misses the ground when vertical by 150mm (6 inches). We had a C Gear one on the last van they are much better quality as well but I grabbed this one in a hurry earlier in the week. I willmpost some pics when the screens are done.
Cheers
Dave