Starcraft new starcraft 16.67-1 family layout

SYDXR6

Sep 4, 2013
Thanks Wandering Star. Jayco guys said no more option for aluminium on front and rear any more. Change was apparently due to stone chips and dents to alloy. Well thats what they told me anyway. For us it was more about keeping weight down so aluminium had fibreglass beat there. But only there really Fibreglass seems to look better (opinion) and insulate better and is more resistant to damage.

SYDXR6

Sep 4, 2013
Davemc. Thanks for the kind words mate. Hard decision so many choices and in the future we may even change to an expanda. We havent ruled out anything for the future. This van suits us at the moment even came close to considering a disco but with 3 kids and one a teenager this setup is perfect for us now.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
SYDXR6 the $27k was for the non outback, so yours with the extras was very good value. He only said they where fixing the bed in the next years model, did not mention you could order now. Although we would need to check out the bed. Was pretty interested until we tried the bed.
At the moment we flip floping on what to get.
The wife would not mind a toilet/shower so 16.49-3 or 17.55-5 sh
I like the fact if we can setup all the beds and have a table free inside hence the Starcraft and 16.49 bunk version.
17-56.2 best of both worlds although like the 17.55 probably will not fit into the spot we like to keep it.

We both liked the 14" work and play as we could block off kids :) if it came with double bunks might be in backyard now :)

SYDXR6

Sep 4, 2013
For us weight was a major concern and single axle was a priority with tow vehicle 2010 XR6. Toilet shower was an extra $4000 I think in this model and we would lose raised single bed and majority of fantastic rear storage. Outside rear storage compartment is fantastic, fits all cords ropes hoses etc. I think this is probably where the toilet cassette goes. Disco was an option but having to remove bedding each time we wanted to use dinettte with seating only on one side and we have double handled beds for many years thats why this model starcraft suited us now : separate dinette and bedding. Plus kids each have their own double gpo and reading lights to each bunk.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
yep why I am not 100% on the disco we have also looked at other tri fold bunk versions.
Tow vehicle we are fine Land Rover Discovery 3 will pull anything we looking at.
With us its more space, our section 32 means we have to put the Van behind the front fence so limited on space there.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
rang around no one has the newer Starcraft model. Prob feb-march one said he heard it maybe now a dual axle.
All said they could do great deals on old version, I said we do not fit on the bed and they said yes why we can do good deals :)