New Site Upgrade Handy Tips

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
This post is designed to give you the handy tips on using the new sites functions.

To re iterate the site still functions as it did prior to the upgrade in terms of posting, media gallery etc but the aim is to explore useful features.

If there is anything you would like to be unpacked please let me know.

Cheat Sheet

1) What's new - This should be the place you visit most often, it has far reaching information into what is happening on the site and will allow you to keep up to date. The two most important that I use are below for you reference.

Accessing What's New On Mobile Device:
  • Click on the hamburger icon to reveal the slide out panel
  • Click "What's New"
View media item 367
Accessing What's New On Desktop:
  • Click on the "What's New" link at the top of a page
View media item 368
2) Member stats - This has been vastly improved to really learn about members rather than just looking at a list of members so you can see quite quickly who has the most likes / posts / media and much more. To access this menu its as simple on a mobi / tablet device click the "Hamburger" menu mentioned above and then on the slide out panel you will "Members". On a desktop device just click "Members" at the very top of the page.

http://expandasdownunder.com/members/

3) Post new threads - There has been a few changes here, the standard method of going into a forum and clicking on post new thread remains the same as it was but there is a few new ways to post new threads as follows:
  • At the top of every forum you will see the below, simply just start typing in here and you will be able to post directly into that forum no need to click a button
View media item 366
View media item 365
Reserved.....

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
When is this huge bloody green button going to dissappear i never touch it and the arrows that come on they all get in the way on the phone i am never really on a desk top allways the phone dont know about anyone else but its not real phone frendly such a pain not to see what your typing and in the way

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
OCT 2020 and I see some changes to fonts and visuals, anything else get a make over ????? I do miss the Smiley with a fishing rod....

Reactions: expanda