17' Series New member

Ashevo

Aug 26, 2012
Karratha
Hi all. Have been visiting the site for some time and wish that I had known about it earlier! We have a 2011 17-56-2 OB that we got new last year. Love the van and have spent nearly 11 weeks and 8000 km's travelling in the van already. Gotta say that it was money well spent and times that I have loved. We are planning our lap in early 2014 and the kids can't wait. No real mods yet but some planned. Being in Karratha has meant that warranty issues have been a pain but so far Jayco have been good. Thanks to all that put things up on the forum, great for a bit of a newbie like me.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Welcome guys and welcome to EXPANDALAND travelling anywhere in this country is worth it pity we wont get to see it all but i reckn we will give it a damn good go

cheers Russell

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi ashevo. Welcome to the forum. How about a run down on your van and tug? What mode are you planning? Seen any good ideas on the site?

Ashevo

Aug 26, 2012
Karratha
Well, we tow with a 2004 DiD Pajero that I have just added a lift kit to aid towing which performed pretty well on the last trip. The Paj tows well with the only downside being the increased amount of fuel needed. My lead foot cold be partly to blame though. The van is pretty standard with traditional suspension. 150ltr fridge and roof top aircon. would love to add the rear tyre holder so I can add a tool box to the draw bar but I'm not that great on the tools. We have travelled most of West Oz so our lap will concentrate on the east coast and the territory. Have a 6 month trip planned, would love to go longer but work demands will most probably stop that. Got the shower and toilet version as the 4 girls in the family requested this and must say that it has been a great choice. :high5:

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
welcome ashevo,great selection of van seeing the amount females in the family, shower/toilet was the clincher for us seeing as females in the too, must admit i'm loving it too. lol.. cheers.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Ashevo, you live in a great part of the country but you will certainly enjoy seeing the rest of it. Post up some photos of your rig and your trips.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Welcome aboard Ashevo. Looking forward to hearing about your trips, some pics and also what you have learnt about the van and what does & doesn't work.

Cheers,

Ro

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Welcome Ashevo, maybe a Jerry can on draw bar to carry extra diesel for your heavy foot! :)

Cheers.