New Landcrusier GX 200

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I am getting about 13l to 14l per 100k not towing.

SWMBO gets that out of her V8 (petrol) Cruiser around town

a bit better than average 22l per 100k.

what I get when I drive her V8 Landcruiser around town................

driving style @yabbietol its all about the driving style

none of this "hit the loud" pedal when the lights change, trying to drag off Silverado's mate
ease into it, like a good bottle of Red...........

(tongue firmly in my cheek mate............................................:behindsofa:)

Reactions: yabbietol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Those who drive a fuel guzzler never challenge anyone at the lights.

I took ours for a drive today around town and gave way to everyone ...happily....while I sat up high and mighty and tried not to collect anyone with the clearviews.

As its used infrequently, the fuel consumption should be litres per 100 days, not kms...I'd be laughing.

And towing...I get anything from 16 to 20 l/ 100 kms ...and, around town, about 11... But it is a patrol ....and slow.

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I get about 12.5L/100 when I drive my Patrol
SWMBO is getting closer to 10L/100 (driving style)

when towing, I'm at about 15.5-17L/100 (depending on a head wind, or down hill run.............)

and, yes its slow

Reactions: dagree and Dobbie

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Well it seems like a consensus on this forum and LCOOL forum I have nothing to worry about with non towing fuel consumption of 13 - 14l/100km. I also can hope for some minor improvement as the engine and drive train get more run in. I was very pleased with the positive responses they were very good.

Attached is a pdf of my complete fuel usage since new, this may be of interest to any LC200 owners or potential owners.

Attachments

• LC200 Fuel usage 1.pdf
    35.7 KB · Views: 393
Reactions: dagree and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
that is good consumption for something thats "supposed" to be thirsty

not too keen on the towing figures - but you get that

I am always a fan of whatever suits your needs and wants, and as my father told me often - "it's none of your goddamed.........."

having driven and owned both Cruisers & Patrols,
I like the comfort in the Patrol - but not the lack of speed
I like the towing grunt of the Cruiser - but not their fuel consumption (my opinion)

to me the happy medium is the Y62 - comfort, V8 power, and good fuel usage when towing - (again, MY opinion)

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
We all are different and we all make our own choices based on need and cost. I thought I would keep our second Pajero for quite a few more years, but a health scare and finally retiring changed what we wanted to do and how much of our savings we would spend.
Since I was at school I wanted a Land Rover, I got a Defender 17 years ago and was over land rovers in 2 years, after it rolled and before that scary experience it gave me quite a few mechanical issues. I have also wanted a full sized Landcrusier for most of my adult life, but could not afford one. My second hand 2.4l single cab hilux in which we went around Australia twice and around the middle bit a few times, it did 280,000k and it was the closest I came to owning a Landcrusier till now. I traded the hilux in on a low km 2nd hand Land Rover Defender, I should have got another hilux. I almost got a Prado after the Landrover rolled, but an NP Pajero came out a better choice economically and I was very happy with that for 8 years and then traded it in on NW Pajero which was a little bit better. However, both Pajero's were great 4WD and tows.

Hopefully this LC200 will do us for quite a few years while we still have our health. If Nissan had made a modern reliable diesel I would have given it serious consideration, I always liked the 4.2l Nissan diesel. Since my Petrol Suzuki Stockman, 800cc of naked 4 stroke power, I have had diesel 4WDs (except a brief period with an old commodore after my Land Rover tried to kill me) and still like the feel of a diesel.

Maybe in the next 5 years we may have a decent full sized Electric 4WD and then we all will have to have a rethink. That is the only thing I can think of that may get me to change from the LC200 in the next few years. However, it would have to as awesome as some of the new Electric motor bikes and Tesla sedans and a lot cheaper than current (bad pun) electric vehicles.

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Sorry to hijack this thread but i must ask @bigcol wise as he is
I hear a lot of people singing quite loudly about the praises of the 200 they seen to be tow car of choise for many people
But i hear nothing about this y62 ?????
I never see them in van parks or maybe im not looking close enough but i do see heaps of 200s ..... 100s .... hiluxes .... pardos ..... and all sorts of dual cab utes but as far as a y62 i only realy see them in car yards ??????
If there so good can anyone inlighten me on there fule use towing 2.5 to 3 tonne and around town fule use as ive heard nothing at all about them do people that own them stay quite about fule because they carnt afford to speak ??????? Sorry again but info on this car by people that tow with them mite be good to compair with the mighty LC200 Great choise @yabbietol hope you have many years of happy motoring powering where eva you go because the cruiser will take you there
Wish i had one

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I hear a lot of people singing quite loudly about the praises of the 200 they seen to be tow car of choise for many people
But i hear nothing about this y62 ?????

2007-02-18_185503.jpg

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Final major LC200 expense completed $890, yesterday our sheepskin seat covers and headrest arrived and we fitted them this morning. We are very pleased with the quality of hides and stitching. Australian made from NZ tanned sheepskins in Mt Gambier SA. We paid before Xmas break and due to holidays only just got them, we were advised of this delay when ordering, so no problems. We are happy customers

IMG_0136.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg

Johnno48

Mar 31, 2015
Sussex Inlet.
Final major LC200 expense completed $890, yesterday our sheepskin seat covers and headrest arrived and we fitted them this morning. We are very pleased with the quality of hides and stitching. Australian made from NZ tanned sheepskins in Mt Gambier SA. We paid before Xmas break and due to holidays only just got them, we were advised of this delay when ordering, so no problems. We are happy customers

View attachment 47673View attachment 47674
Very nice

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Finally have completed all the planned modifications, Have only been doing some local driving with the new seat covers and all the other mods. Starting to think about next couple of trips, maybe down to far south coast NSW for a week in Feb and then up to SE Qld in March April for a few weeks.

When I look at photos from our last trip to the Coorong in SA I start to get the travel bug.

IMG_0783.jpg

Last edited: