New Dual Cab Utes

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
The only thing I agree there is Yes the Patrol is still dam sexy :smile: Shop around, I look after a lot of car dealers in my job and I am going on feedback about the pricing as this is what the dealers have told me...

I also spoke to a Nissan dealer yesterday and he told me the series 8 Patrol has rear diff lock and stability control... MMM temping :)

Can you do me a deal on one of those new Patrols? All my accessories would go straight across.......oh Yeah!

Thanks for your input Stuart, i love this forum, not just for the info on Expandas:rockon:

Boatboy50

Mar 4, 2012
Gold Coast, Australia
Hey Guys,

I recently bought a 2011 D40 Navara ST in November. It was the last of the model 126kw 403 NM (now same car with a few more kw and few more extras). I paid 38k including 3.0T towbar, 2 x child restraints, spray on tub liner, white.

I love the car with 7000km so far, No issues (I'd hope not for any car this new), plenty of power, and tows my 3.0 Tonne big boat easily, even in the wet windy conditions we've had of late.

I can't fault the car in any way, and i've got two small children too (6 months and 2.5).

I believe the new model is mid 40's for the ST. I looked at the new BT50 but thought it was too much $$ for the new model, and the old one (which I could still get at the time) was too outdated and truck like.

The Navara's do have a clutch issue history though, although i'm told it's all fixed, a friend just had his third (new model) clutch replaced in his STX. I plan on buying the extended warranty when the time comes.

Darren

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hey Guys,

I recently bought a 2011 D40 Navara ST in November. It was the last of the model 126kw 403 NM (now same car with a few more kw and few more extras). I paid 38k including 3.0T towbar, 2 x child restraints, spray on tub liner, white.

I love the car with 7000km so far, No issues (I'd hope not for any car this new), plenty of power, and tows my 3.0 Tonne big boat easily, even in the wet windy conditions we've had of late.

I can't fault the car in any way, and i've got two small children too (6 months and 2.5).

I believe the new model is mid 40's for the ST. I looked at the new BT50 but thought it was too much $$ for the new model, and the old one (which I could still get at the time) was too outdated and truck like.

The Navara's do have a clutch issue history though, although i'm told it's all fixed, a friend just had his third (new model) clutch replaced in his STX. I plan on buying the extended warranty when the time comes.

Darren

Thanks for the feedback Darren. The whole idea is on the backburner for a while now. There are too many great trucks to choose from. Just waiting for a deal too good to refuse to present itself.

Just out of interest, hows your fuel economy towing?

Boatboy50

Mar 4, 2012
Gold Coast, Australia
Hey Mate,

No idea on actual figures, but I know that I get 700-800km out of a full 80L tank.

When towing the 3.0T boat this seems to drop to around 600-700km out of the tank.

The boat is also 3.2m high and 9.0m long, so it has some size and windage to it.

Regards

Darren

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Hi Everyone,

We have just ordered a new PX XLT Ranger due for delivery Late this month or early next. I was very happy with deal we got from the Ford dealer in my old home town! They are fitting all acc's for me except the bullbar (6 weeks delivery from ARB) approx & the dual batteries which I like to do myself.

I am going to give the Redarc dc to dc battery switch / charger a go in this one.

Can't wait to get the new ute but I am Also sad to see the Prado go next weekend!

Shaun

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
If anyone wants a Nissan in NSW now I am the new fleet manager at Horsnby Nissan. Expanda forum members will get a special discount :)