16' Series New Carefree Awning with LED strip light

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
We looked at a couple of display vans at the last show we went to and there were problems with the display ones already with a few of the LEDS not working, and from what we were told you can't just replace the light when it's faulty you replace the whole awning. I think I'd be doing it myself so you can replace the light if you have problems, it'd be fine while under warranty but outside warranty it'd be expensive.

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
We looked at a couple of display vans at the last show we went to and there were problems with the display ones already with a few of the LEDS not working, and from what we were told you can't just replace the light when it's faulty you replace the whole awning. I think I'd be doing it myself so you can replace the light if you have problems, it'd be fine while under warranty but outside warranty it'd be expensive.
Our LED lights had to be replaced under warrantee as the clear silicon cover was separating from the backing allowing moisture to get in (still working 100%), Jayco just replaced the LED strip & not the whole awning.

Reactions: Chooky

Big Al

Jul 23, 2012
Hi bigskiddy like your idea for the strip light. Can you tell me where you put the switch to turn the light on. Did not see that in the pictures. Thanks

Mar 6, 2013
Wantirna, Vic
Thanks everybody for your help. Liked your offer @BigSkiddy, but in eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

ADP Caravan Services (my repairers), said that Jayco do not sell 13' awnings with built in LED strip ... Oh well taken out of my hands!

@BigSkiddy, very impressed with Youi. Awning ripped Cup Day, van was assessed Thursday, Youi approved Friday. 3 business days from start of claim to acceptance. Customer service was absolutely fantastic (dealing with the same representative), who kept me informed of the whole process.