Electrical New battery

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Ok it appears that after 10 years my battery has decided to give up and not recharge anymore. Any ideas on what battery I should get to replace it. image.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Go for a 120ah AGM that isnt going to break the bank, the shelf jobs at a battery shop will be good.Big name brands seem to have a name tax but dont seem to perform any better, the care regime is more important...

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Go for a 120ah AGM that isnt going to break the bank, the shelf jobs at a battery shop will be good.Big name brands seem to have a name tax but dont seem to perform any better, the care regime is more important...

I would go along with your thoughts @Drover and @1DayIll . Full River may be good but at twice the price and half the warranty. Have a look at this one on Ebay - 120/130ah with 24 month replacement warranty which can be shipped direct to your door as safe to transport. It has more capacity than your existing one and is an AGM not Gel.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DP130-1...CARAVAN-CAMPING-4WDEXTREME-120AH/322222866539

Reactions: 1DayIll

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Ok it appears that after 10 years my battery has decided to give up and not recharge anymore. Any ideas on what battery I should get to replace it.View attachment 64797

One other thing too @1DayIll , check your measurements to see if you have the correct size to fit the battery compartment. I think the "Giant" brand that @MDS69referred to may be too long to fit. It has even more capacity at 140ah and a good price too, but may not be suitable without modifying battery case.

Reactions: 1DayIll

rags

One other thing too @1DayIll , check your measurements to see if you have the correct size to fit the battery compartment. I think the "Giant" brand that @MDS69referred to may be too long to fit. It has even more capacity at 140ah and a good price too, but may not be suitable without modifying battery case.

The Giant battery I linked above and have used is the same case size as the 120 amp or an NZ70 battery

Reactions: Drover and 1DayIll

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and don't forget for the extra power you have extra weight, side mount battery compartment no drama but if you have to lift the buggers into a boot, you may find difficulty......

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
and don't forget for the extra power you have extra weight, side mount battery compartment no drama but if you have to lift the buggers into a boot, you may find difficulty......

Yeh, I was really surprised how heavy the one battery was yesterday when I took it out. My battery is under the seat in the middle of the van with plenty of room for a second if I wanted to go that way

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
On my old Tardis it was in the same place but still needed to lift properly or do back some damage, my mate was going to just get a 140ah battery to replace his 2, we wandered into the battery shop and I said pick it up, heaps of laughter followed and we got a 2 pack of 120ah................... Big Mal has one in side locker but other is in boot, can provide instant hernia if not careful.......was going to make a bigger storage but the price of a 2 battery rack was scary plus I'm just getting lazy..................... I'm waiting for Santa to supply a couple of lithuims. mate ahs 700ah of them and they weigh less than my 2 AGM's but his wallet is lighter by miles....