Just Browsing New 2020 range

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
looks like only 3 expanda's pop tops 17.56-1, 17.56-2 and full van 20.64-1.
Small work and play gone.

The Journey 17.54-3 looks interesting. Wonder triple bunk..and have a kid under.
nEOjvOgfzLsOSjELwXL6Mi-xY.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Be good to have a look at some, no small expandas though thats a shame I reckon, funny to see the pic of the go anywhere Crossrak which has a better ground clearance than the tug and the weight on the draw bar of the All terrain van would be a biggy, 2x gas bottles, 2 x jerry cans and a huge box which folk would fill up.
They look nice and airy and open, nice................

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
I noticed the @davemc post shows an electric drop-down bed. I have heard of these but have no idea if they are a good idea or not or if it is just another item that could give you more headaches! Note I have never seen one either - maybe Jayco will have one at the upcoming Caravan Show in Perth. Does anyone have any comments or experiences on these drop-down beds?

Reactions: 1DayIll

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I noticed the @davemc post shows an electric drop-down bed. I have heard of these but have no idea if they are a good idea or not or if it is just another item that could give you more headaches! Note I have never seen one either - maybe Jayco will have one at the upcoming Caravan Show in Perth. Does anyone have any comments or experiences on these drop-down beds?
Royal Flair had one in their 18ft Aussie Mate model at the Melb show. I really liked it, and the van it was in. The way they did it seemed on face value very credible, it was anchored solidily in a heavy rear wall mounted track. There was no movement in it at all. Very impressed over with that van, except the van price. It was the only van at the Melb show i was impressed with. The bed clearly has some obvious compromises, but for me all managable with the massive bench space, storage and seating it allowed for. Theres a Royal Flair dealer in SE WA, check it out

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping

Older post, but I looked at this van at the Victorian Caravan show. It was interesting. Bed essentially raised and lowered over the coming table/lounge area. The one thing I didn't like was how 'accessible' the up/down switch was. Looked like something that could be switched far too easily.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Looked like something that could be switched far too easily.
Fantastic opportunity to make a jaffle out of the missus .... and concerning temptation not entirely lost on The Princess when we looked at it. Its not as much fun if she knows it could happen, but that wont effect the fact it will :)