New 20.63-1 ordered

anton Smith

Jul 8, 2013
Dunsborough
www.bluewaterbuilding.com.au
Well after three weeks of reading forums and discussions with other van owners the new (and our first ever) van is ordered. Delivery date is 17th October. Pre Christmas present.

20.63-1 OB with a few mods. Let me know what your thoughts are on anything I may have missed that should be done at build stage.

- Drifter control panel
- 150w solar panel
- upgrade Ibis AC
- Smev oven
- wind up antenna
- deleted microwave
- upgrade fridge 185L RM 4601
- external shower with light above shower
- privacy screen to bed end
- annex walls
- 2 extra lights to annex side
- light & power to bunks
- 300mm extension to draw bar
- 7 pin and anderson plug loom
- gas bayonet to draw bar side of the door

I am also getting a few more 240v & 12v power point installed inside.

Just a little bit excited.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
They told me, as I had the Aircon and Sola packs, I had to have the 12 pin - even though I had 2 anderson's and the 7 pin on the back of my rig.

make all powerpoints double
outside table is handy
12V & 240V plugs externally

lots of enjoyment will be happening soon - Xmas time - good luck.........

cheers

Reactions: anton Smith

anton Smith

Jul 8, 2013
Dunsborough
Only sent the deposit 6 hours ago and added the slide out already. Happy wife blah blah.

Apparently they are sending a power plan so I can play with. $66 for a light and $60 for a power point. I will be adding even more then I had already allowed. I forgot about a 12v outside.

Will have to suss the plugs out as I will be traveling from WA to Vic to pick the van up and don't want that nasty surprise. I am getting a heap of upgrades done to the cruiser before I pick the van up so will probably just add the 12 pin.

bigcol I have already booked Peaceful Bay after Christmas and Tamala station for July holidays next year. Book them now fit them in later.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Peacefull Bay is as it says - or was last time I was there (100 million years ago it feels) I quite like that area - tis all good for the soul......

oooohhh jealous, I LOVE Shark Bay - - and Shell Beach - - and the Cafe at Denham....

not sure if we are stopping that way next week on the way further north

cheers

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yeah, I was dealing with Ken at Jayco in Perth. He sent me out a 12 pin to get wired up
$60.00 from Deerings to fit it up, was very happy with that.

was it cheaper / easier / quicker buying through Victoria for the Van than Perth?
curious.......

cheers

anton Smith

Jul 8, 2013
Dunsborough
bigcol I asked Jayco Perth for their best price. I got the van with all of the above inclusions added, in Vic, for $450 more then RRP here.

I still have to get there and register it here but I get to have a nice test run back across the Nullabor. We are going to put the cruiser on the train and fly across.

Win win I think.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
bigcol I asked Jayco Perth for their best price. I got the van with all of the above inclusions added, in Vic, for $450 more then RRP here.

I still have to get there and register it here but I get to have a nice test run back across the Nullabor. We are going to put the cruiser on the train and fly across.

Win win I think.

ummmmm have you priced that Train yet?
best be sitting down, and have an Oxygen bottle near by...........
I am NOT joking, we were going to do something similar (not to get a NEW van, like some, but I wanted to have a crack at Vic High Country) - cured me very quickly I can assure you
I would rather trundle across via road I think.
stands to reason about the cost variation, I was freaking when they told me ours was "at the wharf, on its way over" WTF
so you are saving the freight costs to WA.

cheers

anton Smith

Jul 8, 2013
Dunsborough
bigcol we are actually getting the cruiser dropped in Adelaide $432 unaccompanied under 5.5m. Kids will be stuffed in when we get so we can get all the van stuff in the car.

They're only little. :)

As long as the luggage doesn't go over the seat height apparently we can get as much in as we can.

The dealer we are buying the van through is just over the SA border.

I was also blown away by the fact they get shipped over. Apparently they have to much damage going by road or rail. Costs more but we are the paying for it anyway.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
they told me to take mirrors off, weather shields, and leave them my keys, and I "may" see it in Melb for around the $1600.00
thats why I said.....

sounds like you got a good deal man, or they just didnt want mine on the train to lower the value.... hahahahaha

cheers

Andrewm02

Feb 25, 2013
Bungendore
Well after three weeks of reading forums and discussions with other van owners the new (and our first ever) van is ordered. Delivery date is 17th October. Pre Christmas present.

20.63-1 OB with a few mods. Let me know what your thoughts are on anything I may have missed that should be done at build stage.

- Drifter control panel
- 150w solar panel
- upgrade Ibis AC
- Smev oven
- wind up antenna
- deleted microwave
- upgrade fridge 185L RM 4601
- external shower with light above shower
- privacy screen to bed end
- annex walls
- 2 extra lights to annex side
- light & power to bunks
- 300mm extension to draw bar
- 7 pin and anderson plug loom
- gas bayonet to draw bar side of the door

I am also getting a few more 240v & 12v power point installed inside.

Just a little bit excited.
We pick up our van next week with almost the same options. Got some pics from the dealer the other day and it looks awesome.

Andrewm02

Feb 25, 2013
Bungendore

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 292
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg