Nemesis add's another 14.44.4 OB to the fold

Nemesis

Apr 25, 2013
Albury NSW
Congrats on your purchase. We are still waiting for our 14.44-4ob! You have chosen the same colour scheme as us. The van looks great and I love the black checker plate. Your check list is great too! Seems to be more and more 14.44-4 expandas about there now. What tug are you using?
cheers
Nick

Nick,

Sorry for the delay in reply mate, we have just got home from just under three weeks away. We have a NT Pajero (2010) model, it has an ARB bar/winch, OME suspension, Long Range Tank (gives us 176ltrs), and Airtech snorkel, had some wiring upgraded for fridge and power to van. We initially had an Anderson plug, but end up with the 12pin as per Jayco's request, I must say I was impressed, worked well, fridge stayed at 1 degree during travel and battery was always fully charged.

Just drove out to Arkaroola for 4 days, then down to Wilpena for another 4 days with stays in Hawker and Adelaide either side, all up 17 nights in the van. We averaged 17 L/100km for the whole trip, including all the off road work, the lot so I am pretty impressed with the rig.

The van towed well, no issues what so ever, we picked up a Stone Stomper in Adelaide which we ordered before we left and fitted it with the assistance of the father in law before heading off road.

Cheers

Paul

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi Paul,
good to see your trip went well. We can't wait to diet ours! I am still waiting for my Ford ranger XLT to arrive. Should be here at the end of August. Ordered it at the start of February, so I will have a few toys to play with. The long wait is killing me though. Would love to see pictures of the stone stomper if you can post them.
cheers
Nick

Nemesis

Apr 25, 2013
Albury NSW
Nick,

You will be in bloke heaven with all those new toys at once but your right the waiting is a killer, A mate of mine is about to head north to the Kimberly's for 6 weeks in his new Ranger, he loves it and its runs pretty well.

Here you go here is the photos of the Stomper, great product already have other mates buying one, Christian is great to deal with. I have also just ordered a Bed Fly cover from Holiday Annexes, we used a tarp on the trip, but the custom made fly they make is sensations and quicker to fit up than the tarp, will put up some photos when it arrives and is fitted.

Cheers

Paul

Easy secure clips the custom bar fitted to the tow shank on the Pajero, so you can leave the mesh on the van and just connect and disconnect as needed, all adjustable.

Stone Stomper.jpg

Christian provides all the protection padding for spare wheel and on the hand brake as below, all fits neatly and looks smart and professional.

Stone Stomper2.jpg

Mounts right up under the spare wheel to first van cross member, all you need is an electric driver and a couple of G clamps to get it in the right position, took me about 15 minutes to fit all up and no dings or stone chips to speak off.

Stone Stomper3.jpg

Reactions: Xpandafan

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi,
thanks for the photos. Looks great. Waiting for one thing is bad enough, but 2 things Is really bad. Anyway when we took the ranger for a test drive I couldn't get the wife out of the drivers seat, so apply days. The way this year is flying through both deliveries will come before I know it.
cheers nick

Nemesis

Apr 25, 2013
Albury NSW
So caught a break this morning, was meant to be raining but just over cast then the sun came out to let me attach the next little mod to the 14.44.4OB.

Today it gets a bed fly from Holiday Annexes to keep the light down, add some privacy and provide some heating and cooling benefits as well as keeping the primary bed end dry.

In less than a week, we had ordered the bed end and it had arrived with all parts, canvas and instructions ready to go, so thanks to Kim. It took about 30 mins all up to fit, which involved drilling some holes, silicon backing and then attaching with rivets, two people its about a minute to put up.

I think it looks great, fits really well as quite a custom look, if you are after a bed fly or two end kit I can certainly recommend Holiday Annexes and their great bed fly product.

image (2).jpeg

Nice flush and neat fitting, the rails fit snuggly into roof, the canvas is light and does not pull down on the lid, give the fitment a nice custom look. The rails are concealed when the roof packs up, they sit inside the lid between the foam seal and fibreglass, you don't see them when its packed up, doesn't hit the body either.

image (8).jpeg

The fly is held in place to two press studs (upper and lower) so it wont move when fitted, it also allows you to get under the fly and fold up the bed and keep dry.

Cheers

Paul

Reactions: CJ1177

Nemesis

Apr 25, 2013
Albury NSW
New bed flies work a treat, we spent last weekend in Canberra at the Crest View Park in Queanbeyan (good quiet little park) and they kept us dry and warm. Great at keeping ambient light out when sides are zipped down, and acted as a temperature barrier with the tent end. It was -4 and -3 respectively each night and van stayed at 20 degrees with heater on.

Found a great little source of heat lost in the cold of Canberra, the door vent seems to suck in cold air whilst heater was running. We used the little floor mat to cover it overnight which worked OK, but have put a couple of layers of black felt from spotlight across the vent between the screen and hard door to do a more permanent job for now.

I am going to look at getting some white vinyl panels made that can Velcro over the outside vents to keep dust down during transit and are quickly removed and replaced when using the van. Otherwise still no issues, fingers crossed.

Paul