My new setup

Newclan

Jun 26, 2011
Port Hedland
Hi All

this is my first post. I purchased a 2007 18.57.59 a few months ago whilst I was in Perth, I then took a auick 3 day trip from Port Hedland to Perth and back to collect it. The Hilux should not realy tow it though it did not miss a beat and we got 18lt per 100kms and we were not hanging around. Though as it is company car and not super comfortable we just bought a 2011 Pajero RX. This is getting trucked to Hedland. We needed a bigger second car for my wife as the second little one is due soon and the Pajero should cover our needs at a fair price.

We plan on driving around Oz in three years time so we got our setup now to have lots of test runs around the Pilbara and surrounding regions and the odd trip to Perth. We may change the van before we do our big trip if we think we need a better layout. Our van has queen and double along with the slide out lounge. We are not to kken on having the table blocking the queen bed.

Here in Hedland there is no where to get work done on vans unless you know people. So I am offering my help to anyone on this club that is going through Hedland. And if anyone can provide me info on travelling with toddlers please feel free to share.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Welcome mate and you will enjoy the Pajero, they make a great tow vehicle. With toddlers there's a lot to consider, plenty of entertainment when traveling and I don't mean DVDs although DVD players in cars help for some of the time and keep an eye on them.

Good luck with your trips and maybe we will catch up some time? I am seriously starting to think about a Kimberly trip before the region is To populated

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Mate, sorry I missed you as I passed through Pt Headland a fortnight ago and would have enjoyed meeting up. At Busselton now, soon for Perth. :high5: