My BaseStation

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Just reading this thread as I prepare to fit a solar panel to my Basestation. With the benefit of hindsight, would you mount the panels the same way?
Trying to locate the timber supports in the roof, I suspect that I might be able to locate the panel with a beam at the front edge but unlikely at the rear so will need to use rivets instead, both with Sika and aluminium angle brackets like you fabricated.
Hello,
If I was to fit another panel I would mount it the same way. Roof has not leaked and solar panel has not moved or come loose.
You could also pick up the front roof beam for the front brackets and the fit a bracket either side towards the rear of the panel and pick up a beam also. That way you could just use screw and sika and would not need the riverts

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Just reading this thread as I prepare to fit a solar panel to my Basestation. With the benefit of hindsight, would you mount the panels the same way?
Trying to locate the timber supports in the roof, I suspect that I might be able to locate the panel with a beam at the front edge but unlikely at the rear so will need to use rivets instead, both with Sika and aluminium angle brackets like you fabricated.

Not sure how the basestation roof is constructed, but if it's sandwich panel, there should be no need for rivets or screws into the roof. I fit 4x 175w victron panels to my Jayco journey, fixed 4x 220mm long aluminium angles to each panel and then used sika 252 to fix to the roof. They're not going anywhere. They'll pull the skin off the roof before the sika gives way.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Not sure how the basestation roof is constructed, but if it's sandwich panel, there should be no need for rivets or screws into the roof. I fit 4x 175w victron panels to my Jayco journey, fixed 4x 220mm long aluminium angles to each panel and then used sika 252 to fix to the roof. They're not going anywhere. They'll pull the skin off the roof before the sika gives way.
I did the same on our Silverline