17' Series Mods for Webber q

Mattyjacks

Aug 30, 2020
Victoria
Hey crew just got my first caravan after rocking the camper trailer for a few years
just looking for some inspiration for Webber q storage
cheers

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
I saw a video on Youtube where a guy had cut the bottoms of the legs off his Weber and that meant the height was reduced enough to mount it on a slide in one side of his tunnel boot. Didn't have to take the lid off it.
This the site address
That particular part is: 19 minutes and 14 seconds in
It may work for you. I thought it was a pretty good idea

rags

Not quite a mod to fit the Weber into storage but a great addition to the BBQ anyway that I thought worth sharing
https://www.kaon.com.au/bbq-stainless-steel-side-tables-to-suit-weber-baby~96

Also need to be careful if modifying BBQs as recently Lotus caravans have come unstuck modifying the ignition starter and control knob when fitting a Webber into a slide out. It has resulted in a gas related recall for Lotus

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Im sure someone on here at some point removed the Weber Q1000 plastic base and handles altogether, replacing it a low slung metal base. I think I probably stole the photos ....

Found it

2017-04-29 12.51.50.jpg

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I could just imagine the price tag as the Weber barbie plate brush is $27 while the identical brush at Woollies is $7.......
Ah yes, the $27 Webber plate brush and $7 Woolies option are only identical to the untrained eye. Much like the value in an $80k Troopcarrier :crazy:

PS to lighten the load on your wallet with Webber plates I have the following, which both serve us very very well

Campmaster twin burner cast stove plate fits a Q1000 perfectly, (as does the Campmaster triple burner cast plate fit a Q2000). $35 at either Bunnings or Mitre 10 as opposed to the Webber $100 twin plates
Annotation 2020-09-01 101949.jpg

We now mostly use a $30 alum non-stick plate just because it weighs nothing. I prefer the cast, but weight is everything and it does have a lip all around to retain the mess. I had to hammer and grind the corners a little for it to fit with the lid closed, but fits nicely now and stood the test of time
bbq-plate.jpg

Anaconda also sells a smaller 240 x 240 alum plate which would suit a couple

Annotation 2020-09-01 104228.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Disco Duck

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
$30 for my half plate from some barbie shop for some no name barbies, works well and looks the part and along with my Woollies brush annoys my son in law as he paid big $$$$$ , my welding brush doubles as a barbie brush at times as well............. the woollies brush is good for those welds inside angles as well............ remember dual use is good.

Still my 40 yr old 400 x 1000 x 10mm steel plate from a left over job still does wonders and cost me nothing, fuel is free as well, nil cost.................. has also done sterling duty as foot plate for Hi Lift and bottle jacks in times of need for 'Cruiser...............

Reactions: Disco Duck

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
The only thing that Weber knows better than their BBQ's is how to charge for them. If I could find a Gen set that charged like them, I could sell electricity.
Thank you for the hints on the cheaper parts for the Webers, Crusty !!. Hints like this are always appreciated

Reactions: Crusty181