Mite as well delete this thread its gone very stale

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
And it's even better if you've got the chance to earn it...in both time and $$$.

Keep digging, bluey!

Spend the lead up time planning....its at least half the fun.

(Which reminds me, I must replace some of our maps as, for some reason, they've been written on ....some good memories but difficult to read in places)

Reactions: dagree

benmat

Jun 2, 2014
Perth, WA
Our first big trip has been in the planning stages for quite some time...leaving 18 July from Perth and will be back a week or so before Christmas. With a 3.5yr and 1.5 year old, shouldn't be a dull moment. The bottom of WA is just going to be stop overs and to see family (as we head down there annually). Looking to spend most the time across the top and through the middle.

Big trip.jpg

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Our first big trip has been in the planning stages for quite some time...leaving 18 July from Perth and will be back a week or so before Christmas. With a 3.5yr and 1.5 year old, shouldn't be a dull moment. The bottom of WA is just going to be stop overs and to see family (as we head down there annually). Looking to spend most the time across the top and through the middle.

View attachment 42230
Hi @benmat . Your trip is a lot like ours, except we leave on July 2nd and will be doing the gibb, and leaving off Melbourne as we did that 2 Christmases ago. Just unsure of our return journey. Have planned up until Brisbane and then stopped, so I guess we will play it by ear then.
It will be a great trip.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Jamcor

Feb 29, 2016
Qld
Brisbane to carnarvon gorge now booked for sept school holiday staying at takarakka bush retreat

benmat

Jun 2, 2014
Perth, WA
Just counting down the days now. Might bump in to you at some point @Smirke . We are looking to play it by ear most of the way and have most of it roughly planned for places...not time though. We have booked Broome, Kununurra and Lake Argyle only. We will be in the Cairns area around school holidays and family are going to fly in to visit so will book there as well. I did a mail merge of the email addresses of the places we are going and emailed them all to gauge busyness roughly when we would be in the area. There are a few that we will check on when on the road to see how they are fairing.

Agree @Bluey, have to leave something for my next lot of long service.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Enjoy!

Which way are you now going in Qld?

Toowoomba or Cunninghams gap? And who's driving?

Have fun getting ready.

12Enjoy

Jul 26, 2015
Mareeba North Queensland
image.png
Next draft might be go in down the Oodnadatta track to Maree and up to Birdsville as all the rest can be cut off into another trip. Any one done the Oodnadatta or Birdsville track in there van. I'm sure it would be up to it but haven't really tested it yet?

Well final draft now heading off on Sunday. Thought the rain out west might have shut a few roads but so far so good.