14' Series Mirrors

jed

May 16, 2013
Hi . I was wanting to know what type of side mirror would be best . We get out van in August and I wanted to strap mirrors on to our cars mirrors but was told be someone that he had them and had them snap in-half when passing a big truck coming the other way ,has anyone else had this problem? I really dont want to strap anything to the door as its a brand new car and I dont want anything rubbing against it . Any help with this would be great ,thanks .

jed

May 16, 2013
Thanks guys for the help ,still sounds a bit like a hit and miss thing but its narrowed it down to a few only now,we have a month yet before hand over so i need to get out and see a few first hand ,thanks again

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Hi jed,

I had just posted this on another thread, then I saw your question.
We use these Brunsgarrd mirrors...love them. Once you get them all set up, I can get them on or off in about 30 seconds. I've tried two other brands but found these to be really good.

caravan_mirror_003.jpg

jed

May 16, 2013
Thanks JASA much appreciated ,I'll look on ebay to see if i can find them ,do u mind me asking how much they were ? cheers mate

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
I bought 20 mirrors from the caulfield caravan show and have done several thousand klms towing the van and had no issues with trucks or wind.
Still good as new. There are a lot of stories out there on mirrors.

Reactions: jed

grinner914

Aug 3, 2011
Bacchus Marsh VIC
I started on the Aussie Truck Mirrors on my Prado when we had the Eagle, but I didn't like how they would rub on your windows when you wound them up and down, and how the strap would vibrate unless you had it very tight.

I persevered with these for a while, then swapped over to this style
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Caravan-...Caravan_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416fd2ae12
worked ok, until I changed cars over to the Navara, and got passed by the first Truck coming in the opposite direction on the Newell Highway, Bang! mirror car mirror folded all the way in. I spent the next 3 days driving to the Gold Coast pushing the mirror back out after every 2nd or 3rd Truck went past.

I still have one of these on the passenger side, but on the Drivers side I have now the Ora Big Red http://www.oraproducts.com.au/bigred.htm
I have had no problems with the Big Red.

Jason

Reactions: jed