Swan Mesh replacement

Alfy45

Apr 8, 2019
Cheltenham
Hi all,We purchased a 2007 Swan a while ago & are soon to take it away for an extended trip up north. Pretty much all of the mesh on windows have holes somewhere. We don’t have $2k to get it all removed & replaced (as quoted by caravan repairer). Is there a more affordable, efficient way of replacing the mesh, without using 50 small repair kits that seem to come off after we put the van up & down a few times?
Thanks in advance.
We’re in Bayside Melbourne area btw ...and have of course left it until the last minute!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you remove it yourself and take it to a Motor Trimmer, place that makes truck tarps and other canvas goods you will find the cost a lot less, you will also have a wide range of mesh types to choose from and a far better job than a caravan place.... Removal isn't all that difficult, a good study of it and take photos of any tricky bits.............While I have never removed the walls from a Swan I have removed bed ends from Expandas, remember they were built by simple people so its not hard.......

Reactions: Crusty181

Alfy45

Apr 8, 2019
Cheltenham
Thanks Drover! I’ve contacted a local car guy who’s going to give us a quote.
We probably need to replace most if not all 10 of the mesh window areas...do you remember how much you paid, just so I have an idea....

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
All Sorts A Canvas in Hastings swapped out my Expanda mesh for midgie mesh. He's quiet well known and well regarded. Page Bros use him and he did a good job with mine

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My 3 screens on the bed end of my Expanda where nearly $300 I think, I had some very classy mesh fittted, this was a few years ago now, I removed and refitted the screens myself.