Melbourne's hail storm

streaty

Aug 5, 2011
Perth, WA.
Whilst sitting watching the news here in Karratha tonight I noticed that parts of Melbourne got hit by a pretty bad hailstorm yesterday. My new 17.56.2 is/should be sitting in the lot at Page Bros in Seaford for me to pick up in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know whether the storm affected the Seaford area as I'm not sure when Page Bros are open next to ask. Any help is appreciated.
Cheers
Neil

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
We were at my sister's house in Bacchus Marsh not far from the tornado in Fiskville and our Kluger was out in the hail for about 5 mins until we finally managed to drive a couple of cars under shelter.
Luckily our Kluger was not damaged but my sisters car which was right next to ours had some hail damage on the roof, bonnet and boot.
My brother-in-law ran to let their dog into the house and got hit in the head with a golf-ball sized hail.

We were standing in the garage next to their 3 week old pergola just waiting for the hail to come smashing through the laser light....but it held up OK. There is a couple of leaks now but everything is still intact.

We returned home soon after and the plants in the back yard looked like they had been under fire by 50 cal bullets and I instantly went to check on the expanda....and thankfully the van is all OK as well.

What amazing weather....

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Whilst sitting watching the news here in Karratha tonight I noticed that parts of Melbourne got hit by a pretty bad hailstorm yesterday. My new 17.56.2 is/should be sitting in the lot at Page Bros in Seaford for me to pick up in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know whether the storm affected the Seaford area as I'm not sure when Page Bros are open next to ask. Any help is appreciated.
Cheers
Neil

You'll be right Neil. Hail in the North/North West region. We were pretty right down here at Frankston, rain...no hail. Not where I was sitting anyway!!

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Same as Doogle, garden totally trashed, Pergola got holes in it. We were showing the in-laws around the van when the rain / hail hit. Got an umbrella and got them back to the pergola, then the big stones started hitting and all we got do was watch in awe. The noise of the crashing on the pegola roof something never forget.

My poor van which goes on it's first holiday next week. Annex has about 10 small holes in it. Roof of van has been dented, only minor, but dented all the same. Will have to make a claim for the annex, do we get the roof repaired ? I guess wait to when the adjustor comes our and see what they say.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Sorry to hear about the damage KC :frown: I was watching it on the radar it didnt look good

I would put a claim in for the roof also if its damaged as it may always bug you if you dont get it fixed, if that makes sense

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
oh no klugerclan. I hope the insurance process is painfree for you. Did you get the hail that was the size of lemons??

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Bad news, KC. A shame about the van but I would definitely be putting in a claim for the roof. Being fibreglass, the gelcoat may have cracks or chips where hailstones have hit. I would even look closely around the walls as these could also be damaged by hail. Maybe even check with Jayco about how repairs may affect your warranty.

We have sat under a tin roof during a hailstorm and it certainly is not pleasant. Good luck with sorting out the damage but don't let it spoil your holiday.