Mazda BT 50

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
What you say regarding Ranger supply issues is true.

Got a mate who is a Ford Dealer and he has a waiting list 4 months long.

He says he could sell as many as Ford can give him to sell.

I like them, but still prefer the Prado for re-sale, comfort and the fact it is adequate for what I tow and will ever tow. I'd replace my current Prado for a new one any day.

Oh, the BT50 would take a long time to grow on you.

Fam-Man-WA

Jan 6, 2012
Perth WA
Congrat's Simon and Sue. I was looking at one of these as well as the Ranger, D40 Navara & VW Amarok. As it was going to be driven 90% of the time on the bitumen I was driving them all to try and find the one with the most comfort for my family. I found the Navara D40 and Amarok to be the smoother ride of them all, followed by the Mazda, Triton and Ranger (Old Model). I didn't drive the Hilux or New model Ranger as I couldn't justify spending 57K on a work ute! Only reason I looked at Amarok was because it was a demo. I think the BT50 looks great with a decent bar on the front and some nice wheels. (Like the one on the add)
Not that I can talk, I ended up with a Triton, which was definitely not my first choice, but you know what, it's growing on me. It's a good truck no complaints yet. (This was a company purchase - end decision was not totally mine - at 37990.00 drive away, Boss couldn't say no) I think they're all great cars and they all have there strong points and weaknesses, but it's your money and it's what you like that counts!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I think mechanical & chassis design on both the BT50 and the Ranger were done is Australia by Ford Aust' in a joint venture program (dont ask me if thats good or bad) . Interior and external design by Mazda and Ford. I Like the Mazda out of the bunch. I have been holding off as I have heard there are going to be some taxation issues coming up with dual cab utes and the way they are being used in the private small business sector.

Geoff

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I think mechanical & chassis design on both the BT50 and the Ranger were done is Australia by Ford Aust' in a joint venture program (dont ask me if thats good or bad) . Interior and external design by Mazda and Ford. I Like the Mazda out of the bunch. I have been holding off as I have heard there are going to be some taxation issues coming up with dual cab utes and the way they are being used in the private small business sector.

Geoff

Can you elaborate on the taxation issues?

Wado

May 7, 2011
New England
We considered the usual dual cab ute suspects and ended up ordering the new Ranger XLT double cab over the Nissan STX 550. The Nissan had plenty of power but the interior was dated and smaller compared to the Ranger. The Nissan, like our current Pajero, is now an "older" design with tweaks year in and out. We could have had almost immediate delivery of any Nissan model but have to wait until September at the earliest for our Ranger to be delivered. Even with the demand, the Ford stealer still gave what I considered a good deal on the Ranger. Looking forward to kitting the Ranger out with canopy, bar work, storage and electricals.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Can you elaborate on the taxation issues?

Wife spoke to the accountant the other day and all he said was there are going to be some big changes in the upcoming budget which will have an effect. I will try and find out more as we were looking at upgrading the Toyota Klunker "Kluger" to a twin cab. She was walking the dog the other day at Safety Beach and Holden marketing were there doing a massive photo shoot for the Colorado. She said it looked the best out of all the ones she had seen.

Geoff

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Deal done, next Friday, Gunmetal Blue:thumb:

Well done, a great car i'm sure you will love it!

We considered the usual dual cab ute suspects and ended up ordering the new Ranger XLT double cab over the Nissan STX 550. The Nissan had plenty of power but the interior was dated and smaller compared to the Ranger. The Nissan, like our current Pajero, is now an "older" design with tweaks year in and out. We could have had almost immediate delivery of any Nissan model but have to wait until September at the earliest for our Ranger to be delivered. Even with the demand, the Ford stealer still gave what I considered a good deal on the Ranger. Looking forward to kitting the Ranger out with canopy, bar work, storage and electricals.

Also a great car, the same, but different in so many ways. Love the kitting out process too!

We sure are spoilt for choice. I would be more than happy with any of the current dual cabs, they have come a long way from the 98 Hilux i used to have.

Interesting point i drove he new manual 450Nm ST Navara yesterday and was told by the dealer they have totally new clutches in them and Nissan is so confident in them that they are now covered by the new car warranty. Not sure if this is true, or just BS salesman talk, but it sure was a nice manual to drive. My Brother in law put a deposit down on one.

simond

Jan 6, 2012
Adelaide SA
Picked up the BT50 tonight, Gunmetal blue.
Now to fit out with all the goodies:biggrin:

Next is the new 18.57,5 panda , expected in a week:rockon:
Have to wait for the June LWE to try both out up the Flinders Rangers

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Congratulations Simon, sounds like a big fortnight for you :first:

How many k's does the BT have to do before you can tow with it?

Don't forget the :photo:

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Pictures please, i really do like those BT's.

There was one in my street today with some BFG muddies, i was in love:thumb: