Matilda Way

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
Planning in June to head from Brisbane to Cunnamulla and up to Karumba and back to Brisbane. Looking for any advice
on on places to stop. After that back to Gunning just north of Canberra. Great little town for a stop.

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Hi Middo,
Realise that you have your route planned out but if you anyone else is out in SW Qld and have even the slightest interest in Coopers Creek or the Thompson or Barcoo Rivers now is the time to see them. Where the Cooper cuts the Quilpie to Windorah Road just east of Windorah is magnificent, the creek is flowing wide and high. Plenty of camping spots.
I know you're not going that way but just something to think about.

Attachments

• Coopers Creek.jpg
    Coopers Creek.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 234

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Yeah right, no crowds just you and the other 500 caravans we see go past everyday.
We can see the Quilpie to Windorah Road from where we're staying (Moothandella) and there is almost as many vans are there are flies.

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
Hi Middo,
Realise that you have your route planned out but if you anyone else is out in SW Qld and have even the slightest interest in Coopers Creek or the Thompson or Barcoo Rivers now is the time to see them. Where the Cooper cuts the Quilpie to Windorah Road just east of Windorah is magnificent, the creek is flowing wide and high. Plenty of camping spots.
I know you're not going that way but just something to think about.
Been there many decades ago in 1978. Had a series 3 Land Rover then.

Reactions: 2slow

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Caravaning as we used to know it has gone .! Mate bought a place in Biggenden 6 years ago ,he said 10 vans a day then ,now continual stream ,I stayed there last year and couldnt believe the numbers going past.One thing would sort the numbers out real quick ,if state road authorities start weighing the rigs 60 % probably be parked.Van repairer I know said before he fits any extra tanks ,tool boxes etc sends the owner to the nearby weighbridge.Then has to try and tell them they are overweight before he starts.!