Toy Hauler 'MARS' our work n play

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
So been looking on here for a while and haven't posted because we haven't had a name for our work n play....until now :)
sitting at finch hatton gorge having a coffee and the wife says we should call it MARS, 'a Mars a day helps you WORK rest N PLAY :) que laughter and now we have a name.

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
image.jpg
image.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Welcome aboard @andrew nelson. MARS .... I like it. We can't agree on a name, mine always seemed to be smutty and Mrs Crusty's are cheesy; so it remains Panda until otherwise baptised.

3 chairs and a footy ...

Single gas bottle; whats that all about

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
The kids had taken all the others! Yeah MARS came with only one, so far it's been lasting really well but I guess when I put the box up front I might have to look at another. I can't see how ur other names didn't take off haha

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Do you find the cupboards are in the way when someone is sleeping on the top? How much storage is within them? Do you have them both sides?

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
Do you find the cupboards are in the way when someone is sleeping on the top? How much storage is within them? Do you have them both sides?
Where those cupboards are is where we put the kids clothes, 4 kids, 4 cupboards. It works pretty well when packing because u have a work bench. We have them both sides. The other has sheets and other stuff like that. The stereos is also there so that takes away a little bit of space.

The 2nd eldest who's ten sleeps on the top and it hasn't been an issue height wise so far.

Reactions: davemc and Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Great to hear mate.

I think it works well and can't think of where we'd run into any issues with the beds not folding flush at the top. Being top cupboards, we'd never put anything too heavy, but like you said, clothes and the like should work well.

Reactions: cruza driver

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
So this is MK1 of fitting 5 bikes in the back of MARS. Still a little bit of tweaking but I've got tomorrow to sort it so is better get cracking :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 287
Reactions: Smergen

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
Why not just put a old sheet between each one and tie them to the bed ?

I'm a little bit anal about the bikes. Don't mind smashing them on rocks going down big hills but god forbid I put a little scratch on it in the van :)

The main reason is I can wheel this out for overnight stops quick and easy and put back in. Less time packing more time having fun

Reactions: NoWorries

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
So I thought I'd better sort out the dust coming in the back under a weather strip. And guess what jayco strikes again, better get another tube of sealer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 278

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
While I was at it thought I'd fix the flimsy little Ali angle at the back. You can feel it flex every time my dainty weight went on it (tic). 20mm vs the 80mm that's on it now. No flex

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 253